Anilao Underwater World Thru My G9.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ed - thanks for your response. It really helps. I am now looking into buying the G9 and the canon housing since it seems to work for you and is much cheaper than the Ikelite housing. I am concerned about mounting lenses on the canon housing. I read the one response from Zeeman with the link to adapting your housing to fit the Inon lens. That just seems very scarry and difficult. Is this along the lines of what you did for your camera? Are there adapters out there that can be bought instead. One other questiong that I have - I saw that you have 2 - UCL165SD lenses. Does that mean you have one sitting ontop on another, and did you have to adapt your camera lenses for this, or are they designed for that? Thanks in advance.

Melanie

You're welcome, Mel.
Yup! I did some mod to my housing, so that I can attach lenses. :D
Sometimes, I use 2 lenses for certain shots and they are stacked on top of each other. :wink:

Ed.

The Canon G9 is definitely an action packed camera. It is pretty much the same with the Canon G7, except for a few newly added features (12.1 Megapixel, RAW, 3” Pure Color LCD Screen and the capability to reduce the AF frame by 25% for precise focusing).
The G9 also comes with the ability to select and move the focusing point to where you want it to focus.

Tips (For those who are new to it): For setting adjustment with Canon housing – Just press the top left button and at the same time, press the middle right buttons to select the setting. Press the left (macro - flower icon) to lower and right (flash – lightning icon) to increase, the shutter speed or aperture settings. :wink:

Ed.

Thanks for the tips, it makes my life a lot easier. I was just about to get a new housing:D

One question, how do you reduce the AF frame?
GREAT photos by the way :wink:

Back
Top Bottom