Announcing the SubGravity H3 - Powered by SeaBear

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

As many of you are aware, Johnson Outdoor Products (Scubapro) announced 2 days ago that they have acquired SeaBear Diving Technology, the company that produces the SubGravity H3 Dive Computer.

SubGravity would like to assure you that the H3 dive computer will continue to be available to you as a SubGravity product. SeaBear and now Scubapro are locked into a long term obligation to manufacture these high quality dive computers for SubGravity. Starting later in the year, the H3 will be fully branded as a SubGravity product on an OEM basis and will bare no Seabear or Scubapro marks whatsoever.

Please rest assured that the H3 will continue to be supported in every way including software/firmware updates as well as future functionality.

The SubGravity T1 dive computer will no longer be available on a stand-alone basis. It will however be available as an integrated option on SubGravity supported rebreathers.

SubGravity is committed to offering only the highest quality products and delivering fast, efficient and friendly service. If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to contact us for clarification. If you are attending DEMA this year, please stop by our booth #1954 to say hello and check out all of our latest products including 2 new rebreathers, a full line of high performance DPVs (underwater scooters), a new canister light, and lots of other cool products that are sure to set a new standard in the industry!

Bummer, the T1 was the only thing I was interested in.

Thanks for the compliments, appreciate them!With regards the Subsurface issue, I just downloaded the latest version (4.5) and this seems to solve the issue. Only thing I don't see is the computer reported ceiling, which is a data field but does not seem to be used/read by Subsurface.
Sorry to respond to such an old post... would you mind sending us a sample file which shows the ceiling. I'd love to see if we can import that into Subsurface... depending on the data that SeaBear stores that should be possible...
Thanks

The SubGravity T1 dive computer will no longer be available on a stand-alone basis.

Care to share why? Evidently a considerable about of R&D effort went into creating it to be such, it was ready, and now all of a sudden it won't be marketed? You can get a Petrel integrated with a rebreather, from what I understand, or as a stand-alone unit. Now the T1 doesn't offer that option. So a tech. diver not yet into rebreathers who wants a puck unit, not a wrist watch, will get a Petrel. And when he later transitions to a rebreather, he'll likely stick to what he knows.

Why?

Starting later in the year, the H3 will be fully branded as a SubGravity product on an OEM basis and will bare no Seabear or Scubapro marks whatsoever.

With respect, I suggest somebody in marketing think that over awhile longer. A few thoughts...

-----1.) SeaBear & ScubaPro both 'sound neat.' Kinda catchy. At least to my taste SubGravity doesn't match them. And that's without regard to ScubaPro being a pretty strong & well-recognized brand name in scuba. Yes, some may claim their regulators (for example) are over-priced and you can get comparable product elsewhere, but they are reputable for quality gear.

-----2.) There are many dive computers out there, a confusing mix of names, and not everyone will scrutinize your list of features & compare closely with competitors. Instead, people pick a well-known brand name or one someone they know uses, of the LDS carries, and ask about that. How many threads on this forum entail somebody asking about Suuntos for one of those reasons?

Richard.

I think eventually Aqualung and ScubaPro (Johnson)will own the world. Seems every time I look they've bought another company. I don't know why it bothers me.

-----1.) SeaBear & ScubaPro both 'sound neat.' Kinda catchy. At least to my taste SubGravity doesn't match them. And that's without regard to ScubaPro being a pretty strong & well-recognized brand name in scuba. Yes, some may claim their regulators (for example) are over-priced and you can get comparable product elsewhere, but they are reputable for quality gear.

Well there is precedent: SubGear and now SubGravity. Maybe they can call their next computer the Nova.

I think eventually Aqualung and ScubaPro (Johnson)will own the world. Seems every time I look they've bought another company. I don't know why it bothers me.

Perhaps because of their reputation for being consumer friendly.
:shakehead:

What's up with SB and iPhones the past few days? They appear to have had a falling out, can't edit, can't quote, can't add emoticons, very strange.

Scared Silly, I think you hit the nail on the head, dealing with the "Giants" is in my experience an exercise in frustrating perseverance.

Sorry to respond to such an old post... would you mind sending us a sample file which shows the ceiling. I'd love to see if we can import that into Subsurface... depending on the data that SeaBear stores that should be possible...
Thanks

Will do at some point, right now my laptop crashed so I am somewhat limited in playing with Subsurface and my H3...

Looks like the H3 will have Air Integration after DEMA. Is this just a firmware update and purchasing the transmitter?

Can the H3 be hooked up to a Apple MacBook Pro for download of dive profile, etc? From the user manual, it's only supporting PC and Android devices. :(

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom