Announcing the SubGravity H3 - Powered by SeaBear

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What are the main differences between the H3 and T1 besides the scroll wheel. I might have missed this if its been discussed already. I am exhausted and am waiting for the second two dives of the day. If this has already been covered a link would be nice. Thanks guys!

The H3 is a watch style unit. The T1 is slightly thicker and has double the battery size and uses bungee instead of watch straps. (Although both units have no problem meeting even the most demanding battery consumption needs). The H3 can be worn as a watch as well as a dive computer. The T1 is primarily a dive computer. Both units have the same functionality. It is primarily the user interface which differs. The H3 uses two buttons located in the lower two corners of the unit to navigate through the functions. The T1 uses a wheel for navigation. Both units have an awesome tilt compensated digital compass. Both units have the same size screen with color OLED display.

So T1 is aimed at the Petrel and the H3 the likes of the D9Tx with richer features sans AI?

Thanks for the detailed explanation. I appreciate it. I'm in Jupiter diving and it turns out a shop here is on the dealers list. Hopefully they have stock for me to check out. :)

Thanks for the detailed explanation. I appreciate it. I'm in Jupiter diving and it turns out a shop here is on the dealers list. Hopefully they have stock for me to check out. :)

Jupiter Dive Center is one of our dealers and they should have some in stock.

---------- Post added August 9th, 2015 at 09:35 AM ----------

So T1 is aimed at the Petrel and the H3 the likes of the D9Tx with richer features sans AI?

I think both the H3 and the T1 are completely capable of any type of technical diving. Nitrox, Trimix, CCR and Apnea modes. It really just comes down to which user interface you are most comfortable with and whether you want to wear it as a watch when not diving.

---------- Post added August 9th, 2015 at 09:37 AM ----------

Jupiter Dive Center is one of our dealers and they should have some in stock.

---------- Post added August 9th, 2015 at 09:35 AM ----------

I think both the H3 and the T1 are completely capable of any type of technical diving. Nitrox, Trimix, CCR and Apnea modes. It really just comes down to which user interface you are most comfortable with and whether you want to wear it as a watch when not diving.

By the way, all of these functions come as standard without any PIN upgrade. No hidden upgrade fees. IMHO, you'll never grow out of either of these computers regardless of where you are in your diving progression.

I compared both at DGX. I don't care to have my dive computer be my watch, personally. The T-1's wheel interface was light years ahead of anything, and way better than the constant tap dance of two button interfaces. It is bigger and blockier than the H3, but now that I see it has twice the battery capacity that is a clear reason, and a VERY good reason. The bungee mount design is great.

What is this comment about no AI? This is very high on my upgrade list, but not without AI, which is what I have been waiting for.

We do not have any info to share on AI. When we know more, we will definitely let you know.

---------- Post added August 11th, 2015 at 07:50 PM ----------

How do you set a compass heading ?

It is fairly simple. You scroll through to the navigation menu. Use the edit button to select the heading of your choice and save it. Once you go to the compass screen, you will find that there are two arrows at the top of the screen which will prompt you to turn in the appropriate direction.

It really is very simple, and the compass is super easy to read.

I checked them both out in person, next to a Petrel 2. They're both excellent, but I had to pass on the H3 for dry suit diving because I think it would be challenging to hit the buttons with the suit and dry gloves. I think the H3 is perfect for warm water diving, or attaching to a scooter.

The T1 is a really great size for dry suit diving and a little smaller than a petrel. The scroll wheel is great. I would have bought this, but I was able to get a Petrel 2 for $300 less. Priced the same, I would probably have went T1.

Who am I kidding, I'll probably end up with both :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom