Announcing the SubGravity H3 - Powered by SeaBear

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You're not a real sysadmin until you've had to do something along those lines while on vacation.
If only this were the first time.

You're not a real sysadmin until you've had to do something along those lines while on vacation.

:D You are not a real sysadmin if you're answering work calls on vacation. (Yes, we had our entire subnet cut off at the border router by upstream security nazis when an ssl bug du jour made the news and I didn't patch everything by yesterday. No, we don't have any sensitive information available, ssl or no ssl.)

Not that it makes any real difference, but Johnson Outdoors acquired Seabear a little over 13 months ago. I wonder what has become of Arne Sieber at Scubapro?

View attachment 387342
Arne Seiber has emailed twice using an email account with the scubapro domain name. All flatly denies that there are any design problems with the H3 . He stopped emailing me after I asked him to reimburse me for 900euro. He also blocked me from posting on the Seabear facebook page . Dodgey bugger.

I am not sure of what you want them to do with the SeaBear's customer other than offer them their top of the line computers as a replacement.
If I had wanted a scubapro computer that didn't suit my diving requirements , why would I have bought a Seabear in the first place , other than it being a complete waste of time ? To get to a point where i got Scubapro to swap my busted H3 to a scubapro reg took 6 months of sending annoying emails to Johnson Outdoors . H3 owners in the US might have more luck , but if you live in Australia - forget it. Fortunately I also own two Shearwaters .

Nope.

All flatly denies that there are any design problems with the H3.

Well, he has a point. The product design is all right. It's really the manufacturing quality which is lacking.

He stopped emailing me after I asked him to reimburse me for 900euro. He also blocked me from posting on the Seabear facebook page . Dodgey bugger.

LOL. You can't just post willy-nilly anything other than praise on a company's FB page and expect them to let it be. This is what ScubaBoard is for. And I would bet that he reads this thread just like anyone else having something to do with the H3 :wink:

Back
Top Bottom