Annoyed with Seafrogs quality (or lack therof)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Haha at this point I'm just waiting for ma camera to flood so I can finally smash that housing on a wall and release all the frustration accumulated over the last few months :D

Still managed to get a "good" shot today (unedited). Wish I had a 90mm though, 50mm and 24mp really isn't enough for those tiny subjects.

1707725621026.png

Oh interesting, I was considering maybe getting the +13... not recommended then?

Yeah the 90mm would be ideal, but then I need a new port - I am not giving any more $$ to seafrogs haha!

Those photos are with the 90mm + Diopter +13??

- Focus/zoom wheel is stuck, it gets really really hard to turn, makes a weird noise, and has to do 4 or 5 clicks to do 1 click on the camera (sometimes never). It's like there's a bad contact
Same problem with my A6300 housing and the 10-18mm I have it since 2018. For me putting some silicone grease on the outside flat part of the zoom ring work very well (the part that is in contact with the housing). Hope this will help.

I have almost no rust, only on the locks.
No problem with the screw to change the port.
Same problem for the upper arrow button always presses left arrow, very annoying.

I plan to buy the A6700, the lack of flash will be an issue, Seafrogs really need to make a better battery for its trigger, I read it's only 3 hours when is turned on... and others flash trigger are very expensive for what it is.

Oh interesting, I was considering maybe getting the +13... not recommended then?
Not with the 16-50mm; the working range is very short.

Those photos are with the 90mm + Diopter +13??
Yes, the frame width is about 1cm in that configuration.

I plan to buy the A6700, the lack of flash will be an issue, Seafrogs really need to make a better battery for its trigger, I read it's only 3 hours when is turned on... and others flash trigger are very expensive for what it is.
AOI trigger is a possible middle ground. I think I saw @jjmochi using one with a Nauticam housing and Inon Z-330s.

Edit: TRT now also has a manual trigger option that is less expensive than their TTL system, priced similar to the AOI

Same problem with my A6300 housing and the 10-18mm I have it since 2018. For me putting some silicone grease on the outside flat part of the zoom ring work very well (the part that is in contact with the housing). Hope this will help.

I have almost no rust, only on the locks.
No problem with the screw to change the port.
Same problem for the upper arrow button always presses left arrow, very annoying.

Thanks, I actually thought about the silicon grease and don't know why I've never tried. I will try tomorrow morning and report back :)
Not with the 16-50mm; the working range is very short.

Yes, the frame width is about 1cm in that configuration.
I see, I guess I'll just stay with the current setup for now until it breaks. Or sell everything if I can and get a TG6.

That's what vacuum is for. I use a Leak Sentinel V5 XB with mine;
Yes, I recall you dive with a vacuum active system. I use the Sea Frogs vacuum and operate it per the manufactures instructions which leave you with a neutral vacuum - yes, and I am aware of your opinion on that.:wink: Thanks for the detailed advice - will try.

Not gonna dive much anymore and will sell everything.

Sorry for you on that score, but keep in mind that you can take absolutely great shots with a TG6 and a hand held light. The chef at Atlantis if Puerto Galera dives with that set and his shots are Awesome! You can find his shots around - He is a master of his craft and his lighting senses are really developed - but it may be the path for you - I certainly think about it seriously.

Best of luck going forward!

EDIT
@ Pascale - Silicone - Great thought, thanks - will try. Do you ever get residue migrating to the glass or lens?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom