Annual Service

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You got that right, Chief!........hahah........I used to make bets with the captain whenEVER some client bragged that they just had their reg serviced........I would go up front and whisper........."get the spare reg ready, we have another one".........and every time and I do mean EVERY time, we had to offer the spare reg........sorry to say!....but true!

I know we had this same discussion on here before and I think I posted an article from some dive mag or something with two expert going at the annual service. I used to get nervous about maybe I should get mine serviced. I bought good SP MK25 and s600 used on ebay like? 2011? maybe? I was like maybe I should get these serviced and checked and rebuilt and polished etc etc.

I was asked 'do they work?' So ok I tried them out and they were fine. So about a year in, I said 'should I get them checked?" I was asked do they work? So years later, they still work. It did have a whistling sound at the surface and I was told 'buy a 16 inch scubapro hose,' so I got that to take down and replace it.

And exactly like Betts said, I have seen alot of freshly checked regs with issues and we screw on a rental reg. Sure it is anecdotal evidence, but it happens.

If I have a problem, Javi can probably fix it in the afternoon?

I have a friend that used to dive with rubber bands around her reg to hold it together. :)

I guess I am just old school...I have our reg's checked every year and when I go to pick them up I make sure the pool is available for a post check up check up. We have an exceptional dive service shop but bottom line is who is responsible for my safety? No way I would take a dive without first verifying my equipment worked, especially after a service.

Back
Top Bottom