Another explicit pee-valve thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Did you say you had to cram it in? That's too small of a catheter.

You want to position the....working end...and then roll the catheter down. No cramming or pushing at all. Give a firm squeeze and you are good to go.

I do not use anything at all but the Rochester Wideband caths. They have glue down more of the length than others, are a breathable silicone instead of latex, and the glue is sticky. I've never had one come off, unlike with Mentor Freedoms.

I also trim the tip of the cath so the plastic bit sticks into the open space, to prevent the little bit of tubing on the catheter from kinking. It's never been an issue, but still...

You should be able to get a trial pack of Rochester Widebands in a few sizes to make sure you know what size to pick for free, just go to their website and request it. Then, buy in bulk from St. Louis Lighthouse for the Blind, $1.25 each with shipping when you buy a hundred.

yeah. i assume the little end off you was already trimmed.

:D

Had the same problem, I corrected it by using the Rodchester pop on cath and sheild skin wypes.The company also suggested a piece of paper tape wrapped lightly around your pipe, also went to a 3/8"coupling attached to a 3/8" x 3" long neopreen hose into a 3/8" x 1/4" QD coupling. I did a flow test and almost takes full volume of faucet. I even twisted and kinked condom to see if it would back up, worked fine with larger I.D. A little apprehensive at first in water, but all is well after 4 blow offs using standard cath and a 1/4" quick disconnect. I know it's an overkill but I'm a
plumber:)Also if you use a size that is to large urine will find it's way out and dissolve the glue as well as humidity. Follow the other posts as well.

it gets even more disturbing once I start trying to cram myself into the catheter

Which end of the catheter are you using?

On another note, ALWAYS carry at least one XXL catheter for the day your buddy asks if you have a spare.

Never having used a dry suit, and not knowing if some of the responses were 'tongue in cheek", this thread made me laugh so hard I almost pee'd my pants. Maybe I should get a pee valve!!

Which end of the catheter are you using?

On another note, ALWAYS carry at least one XXL catheter for the day your buddy asks if you have a spare.

Why, an XXL of course!

Rochester WideBand medium, but the I had a popoff it turned out to be an UltraFlex.

I have yet to have any issue's with mine. 1st I make sure to trim the tip of catheter off so it's not so long less kinks. When I am putting mine on I make sure to roll it up to the top as much as possible (Roll it more than it is when you open it) and then simply roll it back down and on. There should be no forcing of it and if you have a close size should have no issue's. I have tried couple different sizes to see which felt better. Also if it's blowing off maybe your trying to force too much through.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom