Another new Galapagos Video!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi Misa,

Visa requirements to enter ecuador will vary by nationality. For American passport holders you get a free visa on arrival. Not sure what the regulations for Romanian citizens are.

To enter the Galapagos you need to pay a $100 USD park fee.

Alex

Hi Misa,

Visa requirements to enter ecuador will vary by nationality. For American passport holders you get a free visa on arrival. Not sure what the regulations for Romanian citizens are.

To enter the Galapagos you need to pay a $100 USD park fee.

Alex

Alex, thanks for info...but my question is only about Galapagos area. Beside those 100usd do you need something else?

Thanks!
Misa

Misa, you only need to pay the park fee. Also, each dive boat must receive clearance to dive at Wolf and Darwin where you see the whale sharks and large schools of hammerheads. To get to those remote dive sites you need to book a space on a liveaboard. I've been twice. Once in 2005 and then in 2007 we had 12 whale shark encounters on each trip. It was a pretty awesome experience.

Regards,

Bill

Make sure you go during whale shark season. Our trips were in September and October. My understanding is that Oct is towards the end of the season. Also, there was a discussion by the Ecuadorian government of limiting diving at Darwin and Wolf. Make sure that these two sites are on your itinerary. Personally, I wouldn't go if you are not going to dive these sites. Darwin and Wolf are the crown jewels of diving in the Galapagos. If the itinerary includes these sites but before you go they are removed for any reason, ask for your money back.

Regards,

Bill

Well done, very nice piece. We booked 2wks next September, so far away.....

i heard our divemasters saying that they thought the best diving was in sept. of course people think 2010 may be an El Nino, but who knows. i'll be taking the gamble as well as i'm planning to return to Cocos in June.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom