Another reason why this industry is a mess

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tom R:
A shop owner and an active dive instructor and you allowed this to happen to you?
Divereh - the shadow man.

According to his profile, he's an active dive instructor and dive shop owner. From his prior posts, it seems this guy owns a shop in Newmarket, Ontario, called Colt Creek Diving. According to his posts, he's a DSAT Tec-Rec Instructor. According to the shop website, they are an IANTD and PADI technical training shop. So why, one would be inclined to ask, was he taking a TDI course? Why would he get in the water for a class without any academics first? Why would he accept a class with no student materials? He's a technical instructor but doesn't know he can switch back to backgas if he runs out of air?

I disagree with Diver0001 - this guy isn't a troll, he's a hit-and-run slam artist. Anyone who reads his post should be asking what nefarious reasons he might have for not sharing the identity of the instructor that nearly killed him. It seems there's something ugly in the water in the Toronto area that makes many of the dive shops behave in strange and disharmonious ways. Too bad, it's such a nice place, otherwise.

reefraff:
....snip....

It seems there's something ugly in the water in the Toronto area that makes many of the dive shops behave in strange and disharmonious ways.

Indeed. I went back and read some of his other posts and in context it seems as if this is the latest in a series of acts of desperation. Maybe trying to discredit the competition? Pfff. No time for this. next thread please.

R..

Aw! I wake up and Diver0001 took my fun away.

Divereh is a troll of the worst kind. His history around here is well known and he needs to be banned. He is why I'll never darken the door of Colt Creek Diving, that's for sure.

Tom R:
A shop owner and an active dive instructor and you allowed this to happen to you?

I hear you dude, i'm a flippin idiot for doing the dives but I knew the guy and I had too much cinfidence in him. he's a money grabbing peice of **** and I am going fry his ass and if they don't, I will hand back all my technical teaching ratings and tell them all to go **** themselves, because the people running thes agencies are so spineless they let this **** go on everyday and it's time to stop it.
Brad

You will understand if we think that maybe your story is a bit too self-serving.

Seems to be a bit self serving.
I can't believe a word you say.
Ever hear of the boy that cried wolf.
Fred

divereh:
I hear you dude, i'm a flippin idiot for doing the dives but I knew the guy and I had too much cinfidence in him. he's a money grabbing peice of **** and I am going fry his ass and if they don't, I will hand back all my technical teaching ratings and tell them all to go **** themselves, because the people running thes agencies are so spineless they let this **** go on everyday and it's time to stop it.
Brad
-.-- --- ..- ... .. .-.. .-.. -.-- -... --- -.-- , -.. --- -.-- --- ..- - .... .. -. -.- -... .-.. ..- ... - . .-. .- -. -.. -.-. ..- ... ... .. -. --. .. ... --. --- .. -. --. - --- ... .- ...- . -.-- --- ..- .-. .--. .- - --- --- - - .... .. ... - .. -- . ?

.. ... - .. .-.. .-.. - .... .. -. -.- -.-- --- ..- ' .-. . -- .- -.- .. -. --. - .... . .-- .... --- .-.. . - .... .. -. --. ..- .--. .- -. -.. -.. --- -. ' - -... . .-.. .. . ...- . -.-- --- ..- ' .-. . ... . .-. .. --- ..- ... .

.- - .- -. -.-- .-. .- - . , -.-- --- ..- .-- --- -. ' - -... . --. .. ...- .. -. --. ..- .--. -.-- --- ..- .-. .-. .- - .. -. --. ... --- ...- . .-. - .... .. ... , . ...- . -. .. ..-. -.-- --- ..- -.. .. -.. -. ' - -- .- -.- . .. - ..- .--. . .. ..-. -.-- --- ..- - .... .. -. -.- -.-- --- ..- .-. . -.-. . .. ...- . -.. .- -. .. -. -.-. .-. . -.. ..- .-.. --- ..- ... .-. . ... .--. --- -. ... . .... . .-. . , .-- .- .. - - .. .-.. .-.. -.-- --- ..- ... . . .... --- .-- -.-- --- ..- .-. -.-. --- -- .--. . - .. -. --. .- --. . -. -.-. .. . ... .-. . ... .--. --- -. -.. - --- -.-- --- ..- .-. -.-. --- -- .--. .-.. .- .. -. - . --. --- .- .-- .- -.-- , -.-- --- ..- ' ...- . . -- -... .- .-. .-. .- ... ... . -.. -.-- --- ..- .-. ... . .-.. ..-. . -. --- ..- --. .... .

**** ***!

Beautiful, reefraff. Very lucid.

At least, compared to divereh's opinion :)

I'd also add that TDI has a serial number on all the Adv Trimix manuals, and without that unique serial number, you dont get the cert.

So if they had no manuals and did no academic work, TDI is not going to process it reagardless as they have to have manual serial numbers.

But again, this is obviously trolling.

This has to be a troll. NAUI has the following requirements to even start a trimix level 1 course:

Minimum age of 21.
Minimum certification as a NAUI Decompression Techniques, and Technical EANx Diver or equivalent.
Minimum of 250 logged dives 75 of which must have been deeper than 130 fsw (40 msw) and 10 of which must have been deeper than 160 fsw (49 msw)

I don't think anyone with the above experience would be dumb enough to run out of deco gas on a dive!!!! Even if the instructor is brain dead, the students should now enough at their stage of training to abort the dive and run like hell.... :dazzler1:

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom