Another reason why this industry is a mess

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This has to be a troll.

yes, it's an ugly troll

(not the poster, of course, but the content)

Boogie711:
|.-.|.|.|..-.|.-.|.-|..-.|..-.| |..| |....|.-|...-|.| |-.|---| |..|-..|.|.-| |.--|....|.-|-| |-.--|---|..-| |.---|..-|...|-| |...|.-|..|-..||

I don't know Boogie, I would have expected something with more ~~~ to it.

Boogie711:
|.-.|.|.|..-.|.-.|.-|..-.|..-.| |..| |....|.-|...-|.| |-.|---| |..|-..|.|.-| |.--|....|.-|-| |-.--|---|..-| |.---|..-|...|-| |...|.-|..|-..||

REEFRAFF I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT YOU JUST SAID

Boogie711:
Aw! I wake up and Diver0001 took my fun away.

Dude,

I also hear Super Spike took your fin away. :crafty:

when scuba is run by the almighty dollar the result is always the same
always look for the dollar signs rolling in the back of thier eyes, before they open thier mouths

MartiniTime:
I'd also add that TDI has a serial number on all the Adv Trimix manuals, and without that unique serial number, you dont get the cert.

So if they had no manuals and did no academic work, TDI is not going to process it reagardless as they have to have manual serial numbers.

But again, this is obviously trolling.
would you like a copy of my card and diploma <edit>?

divereh you are wasting both my time and trying my patience. Any more violations of the TOS and you will be gone. Uncle Pug

By reading some ignorant stuipid unjustified replies justifies what I say about the problems in the industry, you slander me when you say I have no card I do and a TDI diploma to wipe my *** with, instructor tells me he knows the dive as a advanced tri-mix instructor I do give them some credit, I guess I was wrong. I will never have anything to do with TDI operation ever again.

The reason you would do a TDI course if you were a say a PADI/IANTD instructor (like I am/was for example) would be if the Instructors were not certified to teach say Advanced Trimix with the other agencies. I am half way through my TDI Advanced trimix course which appears to be the anti-thesis of the origjnal description in this thread.

PADI's 'Trimix' course for example has a max depth of 75 meters and expects you to use 6 tanks, something you don't really need to do until you go below say 90m for most dives. The TDI one I am doing includes 60,70,80,90m dives for the certification which will cover any wreck diving I need to in the gulf here (Thailand).

The real question here is anyone with any technical traning knows how to draw up a dive plan, work out the END's, PPO2 calculations and particularly the gas requirements based on their most recent SAC along with the appropriate reserves. You can do all of this without beginning the Advanced Trimix course which is really only adding depth, longer deco times, a travel gas and a bit more planning for the surface support etc.

I would also be questioning the training received to even reach the point of taking the course in the first place.

BTW does anyone know anyone who has done the PADI Trimix certification?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom