Another reg comparison, MK17/X650 vs FDX10/Delta 4

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The FDX10 / Delta IV was my first reg. I love it. It's been to 150', in clear blue ocean water and 32F fresh WI lake water! Performed flawlessly each time. Bought it at Scuba Toys for a great price (not very much more than posted above and that was 2 1/2 years ago!), very inexpensive service each year from them as well.

If I had it to do over again I'd get another FDX10 / Delta IV without question.

I called ScubaToys yesterday about Delta 4 pricing too, they quoted me MSRP over the phone. After I told them I am a forum member, they only give me 10% off. I don't know how everyone seems to get good deal from them.

For a cold water reg I am personally a fan of the Atomic M1, which I dive. If I wasn't diving an M1 then I would be diving the MK17/G250. What ever you do, stay away from the SP X650, way to many problems, that's why they no longer offer them. I'm an Oceanic dealer as well,and they have been very reliable but I would still recommend the Atomic or SP.

Scubatoys has a $49.95 yearly reg service, it's listed on their website. So as long as you plan ahead it's a great deal and very complete service. I personally like their sense of humor in ads and video's, like the HP/LP answer on the Miflex thread. I'd trust them any day over LP, but if you ask why there's a thread that never dies here about what you should know about LP. Mod's........please kill it, PLEASE :deadhorse:

How much was the service from ST, if you don't mind me asking?

With tax, all in, for my Oceanic reg and inflater / octo it was $55. This time they also included a new yellow mouthpiece on my inflater / octo for no addl charge. Nothing was wrong with the other one but now it's all yellow!

Love ST!!

With tax, all in, for my Oceanic reg and inflater / octo it was $55. This time they also included a new yellow mouthpiece on my inflater / octo for no addl charge. Nothing was wrong with the other one but now it's all yellow!

Love ST!!

That didn't include the shipping, did it? But it did include parts??

For a cold water reg I am personally a fan of the Atomic M1, which I dive. If I wasn't diving an M1 then I would be diving the MK17/G250. What ever you do, stay away from the SP X650, way to many problems, that's why they no longer offer them. I'm an Oceanic dealer as well,and they have been very reliable but I would still recommend the Atomic or SP.

And this wouldn't have anything to do with Atomic & ScubaPro both requiring a dealer to adhere to a MARP pricing structure and therefore increasing dealer profit margins compared to the Oceanic MAP policy and needing to discount to make sales to savy customers that know the differences???:popcorn:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom