Another reg

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Unless you have a old j valve single outlet manifold like I do.

can I use the octo for one of them

Yes, in fact you should, but this is just the second stage, you'll need two first stages.

My configuration is like this:

- first reg with primary (long hose) and inflator hose, goes on the right cylinder (in your right hand, suposing the you are using the cylinder)

- second reg with secondary (in a bungee on my neck) and SPG, that goes clipped in a D-Ring on my waist.

If you are diving dry, you can either attach a pony bottle to the plate or to the double cylinders, or if you are not using pony bottle you can include the hose for the drysuit in the second reg (left cylinder). In my case I use a 6cf pony bottle attached to the plate.

You can learn more of this configuration in Welcome | Global Underwater Explorers

Also, an important advice... don't go on doubles without the proper training, configuration is not the only issue to worry about, you must be prepared to many diferent situations and to manipulate all your valves underwater, to mention a few reasons

I personally suggest you have 2 identical first and 2 identical second stages. Its not necessary but my OCD brain likes it that way. I assume you plan to go to standard manifolded double tanks in which case you will only need 1 pressure gauge and 1 inflator for the suit and 1 for the bcd.

There are plenty of good sites like GUE who have pictures and descriptions of a proper gear configuration.

I suggest you take a course that will not only teach you how to set up your gear, but how to actually use it... 2 tanks are useless unless you know how to use them. No amount of gear will keep darwin away. If you are asking this type of question, you do not have the experience required to move on to the next level.

It would make sense to me to not move to doubles at this time. Why? Because if you don't know the answer to this, it isn't a good sign...

Not to be a jerk, but this should be something you KNOW if you are moving to doubles.

Im not moving to doubles right now i am just getting ready to, sorry about the confusion. Any recamendations for steps to get there.

Im not moving to doubles right now i am just getting ready to, sorry about the confusion. Any recamendations for steps to get there.

What do you need them for?

(a serious question, not being a smart aleck, just want to know what your aspirations are before discussing next steps in that general direction whatever that might be)

Back
Top Bottom