Another Shark in Perth area

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I dive and live in Perth, and also find this issue and thread extremely relevant. I think if you had an interest in a Perth based dive business you would also find it relevant. Two divers have been killed recently, but there also been several near misses. One of the fatal attacks took place at Rottnest Island which is of critical importance to the WA dive industry. There have also been sightings of huge sharks at the Swan wreck to the south of Perth

I dive and live in Perth, and also find this issue and thread extremely relevant. I think if you had an interest in a Perth based dive business you would also find it relevant. Two divers have been killed recently, but there also been several near misses. One of the fatal attacks took place at Rottnest Island which is of critical importance to the WA dive industry. There have also been sightings of huge sharks at the Swan wreck to the south of Perth

yes of course it's relevant for many reasons and for all of us who enjoy our oceans and as divers on here,these incidents are very strange and have included swimmers,surfers and divers and as for the shark,this does not help it's profile,when so many of us support it's protection around the world and lets not forget millions of sharks are killed each year by mankind.

As i dive all around Indonesia and not the southern seas of Aus and have no thinking of GW'S when diving.so what is the thinking of Aussies when diving or surfing with regards tO GW'S.

Are we to say it is totally unsafe to dive with GW'S around as for surfer Ben R.I.P surfers saw this shark around for a few days,naming it brutus,so why did they continue to surf.

If say around a Perth dive site a GW was seen,would you still dive.

A tribute to Ben in Perth
AOL.co.uk -Video - A Special Tribute at Sea For Man Killed by Shark

Quite unusual though but I just don't understand why death due to shark attack on humans is increasing.
Thought it would be a great help if divers should know certain list of diving precautions and hazards.
[h=3][/h]

Why did we pay all those thousands of dollars to go see them in freezing Pt Lincoln waters Kev? Should have just gone for a local dive :wink:
Yeah, no need for a macro lens in Perth!!!

Back
Top Bottom