Another Venice Dive?!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Platypus

Registered
Reaction score
Hey!
Who all wants to go out and do another fossil dive in Venice this coming weekend? I am located in Tampa (Australian originally) and was in Venice about a month ago... did a surf entry dive and had a last considering viz was about 1 - 5 ft... !

Let me know and we will organize it!! Also a spearfishing trip in the future would be gfreat as well, to all you spearfishing buddies!!

My wife and I are talking about possibly going down to Venice this Saturday but the beaches may be a bit too crowded for us. We don't really feel like stumbling over massive holiday crowds. We are leaning a bit more in the direction of Monday or Tuesday if I am not working but I won't know that until tomorrow.

Go south of the public beach (check the other thread for directions) and you'll avoid crowds.

When I figure out what we are going to do...should be later tonight, I will post back here with a ton of questions.

I mentioned in an earlier post that I had already done one there, but that it was a bust because we didn't know what we were doing.

I don't have delusions of finding a hundred teeth, but I would really like to find a couple this time.

Heading to work in a couple of hours and will find out schedule then.

I would like to try and go out on Sunday, I am doing a 3 tank dive Saturday afternoon and night.... If the weather permits. I will be leaving out of Dunedin, if anyone else is interested please let me know, and I will get the info for you!!
:arrow:

SPAZ...I mean Platapus...I am doing the 3 tanker with you guys on Saturday. I may be able to swing taking my boat down to Venice for a couple or 3 tanks on Sunday. Thoughts?

Pretty good chance my wife and I are going to be on the beach in Venice Saturday morning to do some shark dentistry work.

edited for clarification

Ok,

Just got back from Venice. Weather was beautiful, water was flat with 15 foot vis.

1st dive my wife and I came back with 2 teeth...but I bumped into Reefguy who told us we were a bit too far out and so we put on another tank and tried again. This time we had better results.

40 teeth, the biggest one is a little over an inch and a half long. I know its not a HUGE tooth but we found it!

Thanks Reef,

We hit that crab pot dead on...moved to the south of it a little ways and I found my first one about 15 seconds after I started looking.

South of the pot, just past the seaweed area about 10 yards or so.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom