anouther one for the doc

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

builderbloke

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
hi doc ive been diving for about six months now and ive started to have a problem urinateing nomaly i would talk to my local gp but as a few of my freinds started at the same time as me and both have the same problem i thought i would try the dive doc first,whats happening :- needing to urinate twice as often as before , i cant hold it in as long as before and theres always a sensation at the end of my penis of not quite finishing but knowing that i have.

hope you can help or if anyone else has had these problems please let me know

I'm not a doctor and have never played one on TV.

If you are having an increased urge to urinate when you dive (or immediately following your dive), that may be normal. Immersion in cold water causes the kidneys to produce more urine, resulting in full bladders and urgency in some people.

If you are describing something that is happening at times other than when you are diving, then this wouldn't explain it.

I am not a doctor but I played one when I was a kid with the girl next door....

I can agree with Drew from experience. A wet-suit does have advantages over a dry-suit when diving in cold water :D

One bodily part happens to shrink when diving in cold water. Maybe this may be responsible for the weird sensations of builderbloke.

Say builderbloke, did you check out the water you and your buddy dive in? No weird substances or bad critters in it?

Hi builderebloke:

Drew and SJ have already described the immersion diuresis that makes well-hydrated divers urinate more when diving (and around the time of their dives). But there isn't anything particular about being a diver that makes one urinate more frequently or have unusual sensations when not diving.

However there are numerous medical conditions that can cause frequent urination and they are best evaluated and addressed by the diver's personal physician.

HTH,

Bill

The above information is intended for discussion purposes only and is not meant as specific medical advice for any individual.

thanks for your advise people dont know what happend but i jumped back in a lake and all is well again:confused:

( mabie i should have washed more often :jester: )

Back
Top Bottom