Ansell Point

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

magnetite

Registered
Reaction score
I've never been to Ansell point before. Is there sufficient parking? What's the best direction to head in (other than down) to see some cool stuff? Please use North-South, not right-left.

magnetite:
I've never been to Ansell point before. Is there sufficient parking? What's the best direction to head in (other than down) to see some cool stuff? Please use North-South, not right-left.

There's enough parking for maybe 4-5 cars. It's a relatively easy dive, although the entry is a bit tricky. Best time to dive there is at high tide so that you're not scrambling over too many rocks at the entry.

Ansell is a true wall dive. Head south (left from the entry) and you can go down as deep as you want, although the best stuff is around 60 ft - lots of anemones, and look in the crevices to find rockfish, sculpins, and octopus.

If you head north (right from the entry), you'll find another wall that's more of a steep slope. Again, the most interesting stuff tends to be at ~50-60 ft. Lots of sculpins if you look closely. The time to turn the dive is when you run into the sewage outlet pipe. Mmm - warm... There used to be a couple of wolf eels living under a large boulder at ~70-80 ft in the middle of the sandy slope, but they haven't been seen for quite a while.

AtomicWalrus:
... There used to be a couple of wolf eels living under a large boulder at ~70-80 ft in the middle of the sandy slope, but they haven't been seen for quite a while.

The one at 70 feet is still there as of July 8th. It swam right out of the hole and hung out with us for quite a while. Very friendly.

I am going to look for the pair that is about 20 feet deeper on Sat.

Henry

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom