Any advice to learn quickly?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for the posts. Yeap, I plan to take a lot of photos on land first, then I have two weeks at a lake in Maine and the camera will be getting wet there and take pictures while snorkeling, so that I can get the 'hang of it' before the trip to Fiji. I have not been there before, so not sure what to expect. My best dives with a 35mm camera have been in Belize, so having digital for the first time is going to be a blast, I'm sure.

I liked Fiji much more than Belize, which part of Fiji you going to? You will get some great pics there. lots of colors, good vis. Some big sharks on the south of main island.

Bruce

eg: Oly DZ-40 pic, Pandora's Box Dive Site, 40 ft
P7181252-adj.jpg

we are going to the Coral Coast and staying at Heavens Door. My daughter (12 y/o) will be getting certified while we are there with Diveaway, thus the main reason to get a new digital setup!!!

With the 9-18 wide angle, I believe I can only get to 200 ISO. I have one YS-01 strobe. I just got my SD cards, formatted them and started shooting yesterday. WOW, what great pictures and the enlargements are simply amazing compared to what I have been used to in the past.

I have been shooting without the housing for now. In Maine, I have 14 days to practice in the water with the housing. Should be enough time for practice. There sure is a lot to learn on this camera and I just figured out that I can program several of the buttons as well, which is great, if you want to white balance in the water quickly. I have used a manual 35mm underwater camera in the past in Belize.

BTW, I am also taking a new MacBook Air 13 with me. Has anyone ever used or tried to use the PENPAL on the PL2 inside the housing, does it fit and also transmit? What software are you using for post picture doodling? I have always used Photoshop, but I don't believe the software I have will let me use it on a MAC, as I have been a PC guy for decades.

we are going to the Coral Coast and staying at Heavens Door. My daughter (12 y/o) will be getting certified while we are there with Diveaway, thus the main reason to get a new digital setup!!!

With the 9-18 wide angle, I believe I can only get to 200 ISO. I have one YS-01 strobe. I just got my SD cards, formatted them and started shooting yesterday. WOW, what great pictures and the enlargements are simply amazing compared to what I have been used to in the past.

I have been shooting without the housing for now. In Maine, I have 14 days to practice in the water with the housing. Should be enough time for practice. There sure is a lot to learn on this camera and I just figured out that I can program several of the buttons as well, which is great, if you want to white balance in the water quickly. I have used a manual 35mm underwater camera in the past in Belize.

BTW, I am also taking a new MacBook Air 13 with me. Has anyone ever used or tried to use the PENPAL on the PL2 inside the housing, does it fit and also transmit? What software are you using for post picture doodling? I have always used Photoshop, but I don't believe the software I have will let me use it on a MAC, as I have been a PC guy for decades.

OK, got it. You guys are not that far from the great shark dive out of Pacific Harbor, if you guys are up for some addrenaline, it is pretty cool, we have done it once... Aqua-Trek Shark Dive We have stayed on Beqa a couple times about 20 miles toward Suva from where you are at and ~8 miles offshore and it was great diving. The Fijians are very friendly people, enjoy!

Bruce

well, I just want to thank all of you. I spent two great weeks just east of Sigatoka and dove with DiveAway Fiji with Alex, Claire and Ben. What a great group. My daughter 13 y/o was certified by Claire and we had a blast. I videoed my daughter's OW classes. My daughter is spoiled as she saw Eagle rays, reef sharks, nudibranch, barracudas, sea turtles, etc on her dives. The camera pix and videos all came out great and I've posted some on some sites. Can't wait to go back, as we also bought 9.5 acres while we were there and will be going there to retire in 6 years. Can you say base camp for anyone that wants to visit??

Back
Top Bottom