Any Aggies on the board?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My wife and I are both Longhorns (that's Sips to you). Our son is headed for Aggieland in the fall. He is already yelling "farmers fight!" around the house. In my home!! It's horrifying.

I always find it amusing how folks who went to Austin and BCS for college make such a big deal out of it. I have to admit 4 years of getting drunk and fighting over a busboy position that requires a bachelor's degree is really an opportunity I regret not having pursued.....

Instead I stayed in Houston and went to the largest publicly funded University here while working in IT for Fortune 100 and 500 companies. As a result my entry level job out of college was pretty nice.

Somehow, the things I missed out on in College just didn't seem to matter.

Turning a corner though, it's a good thing that we all were able to go to college.

And it looks like my oldest is planning to transfer from Galveston to College Station; from marine biology to zoology. Kind of sad; I wanted the opportunity to "accidentally" stop by and join him on some of his upper-division marine biology classes. Introduction to Scientific Diving, Methods of Research Diving, Cetacean Behavior and Behavioral Ecology. Fascinating stuff.

I always find it amusing how folks who went to Austin and BCS for college make such a big deal out of it. I have to admit 4 years of getting drunk and fighting over a busboy position that requires a bachelor's degree is really an opportunity I regret not having pursued.....

Ignorance is bliss, right? :idk:
There is a lot more going on in Aggieland (and t.u.'ville) beyond "getting drunk", being surrounded by an over-abundance of beautiful girls, spirit, friendliness, and sportsmanship, etc..
But, you have to bear the ring to learn the secrets. :eyebrow:
Unless people have been a part of it, rarely will they understand or appreciate it.

I am an aggie and am proud to have graduated from there. With that said....UT is also a terrific school unfortunately their "bandwagon" fans are annoying as hell.

Comments like "I didn't know aggies could read" re-emphasize the fact that I still do and always will hate the "I bought a shirt, I live in Austin, My ___ went there fans."

If you didn't get a college degree from UT then you shouln't talk smack to anyone that graduated from A&M.

Last edited:
Class of 2008! Whoop!

Back
Top Bottom