Any Battery Confiscation Updates?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

greyghost

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Anyone out there have any new stories about batteries being conficated coming in/out of Cozumel? I'm going in Sept. with AA's and AAA's rechargables for strobes and flashlight. Any recommendations?

At check-in 7/20, I was told no more than 4 AAs in carryon. I moved 8 to checked bag. That was the only mention of batteries.

I flew out of Cancun on July 12th. I had a couple dive lights in my carry on bag with C batteries and nobody said anything to me but the lights were well packed/hidden.

Does this only effect AA batteries?

Affects C cells too..I had some C cells and AA's in my carry on and they were confiscated this past May..Just pack all battery's in check bag..

Arrived in Cozumel yesterday and they checked my bag after arrival x ray to find 8 D cell batteries. They just checked them since they looked odd...no problem.

Dillehay
Aldora Divers

It really would be nice to find out what is going on here. It is the lack of any rational explanation that causes me more concern than the loss of a few batteries.

The idea that 4 AA's is OK but something like 4 D-cells is not just makes no sense at all.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom