Any Brac news?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What an island eyesore. I hope Divi helps with the clean up, if not physically, then financially. The island is too beautiful for a mess like that!

Based on the offers they have reportedly turned down, it sure seems like they are going to just sit on the land waiting for the price to go up. I had heard that they were kind of letting the place go before they closed, but I did not see that for myself.

The down side to no property taxes is that there is no incentive to actually use a specific property to generate short term income. That chunk of real estate is like a sandy, no fee bank account; it just keeps gaining in value the longer it sits. One thing about oceanfront property, they ain't makin no more of it (well, except in Dubai).

While it may not be the most neighborly thing to do, if their long-term plan is to sell, letting it sit and rot is the smart business move. Who knows, if they wait long enough, the government might come in and do the demolition for them.

Just my $.02 worth (which probably isn't really worth 1/2 of that).

I think you're right on all counts.

If the rumors of offers held any validity, then the current plan seems to be to sit on the property and wait to hit a home run with the sale as billinwilliamston has stated. I have no way of knowing if the offers were actual or simply hearsay.

What this does show is an utter disrespect for the island, the workers who worked there, and the time share owners. Corporate America at it's best. Everything trickles down to the bottom line with no regard for the human element or for doing what is right. I will never stay at any of their other resorts and make it a point to dissuade others from staying at a divi property.

thanks for the pics, it is so sad, first to see such damage caused by Nature, and even worse the damage cause by Divi Corp. It is like they want to keep the site unused and ugly to 'get back' at Brac for some unknown 'hurt' to them....

Divi recently sent us timeshare owners a letter that starts:

We are saddened to report that any redevelopment plans for the Divi Tiara Beach Resort have been indefinitely postponed.

What this does show is an utter disrespect for the island, the workers who worked there, and the time share owners. Corporate America at it's best. Everything trickles down to the bottom line with no regard for the human element or for doing what is right. I will never stay at any of their other resorts and make it a point to dissuade others from staying at a divi property.

I thought the DIVI Corporation was NOT an American corporation, I may be wrong there, but why blame EVERYTHING on America!!!

I am not blaming EVERYTHING on America. I am blaming this series of events on an American corporation established in 1992 in the great state of North Carolina, but yet incorporated in the great state of Delaware. Sounds a little "dodgy" to me, as in tax "dodgy."

Is the lack of direct flights to the brac the problem? Can Cayman Air get enough people there on a regular basis to keep the resort profitable?

Back
Top Bottom