Any comments about Force Fins?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

How do they compare to regular fins?

Are they worth the extra $$ for them?
I have been using the original Force Fins for over a year now and I love them for scuba diving (mostly cold water diving and PADI Rescue Diver certified). When under the water they provide tremendous power with little effort. With other fins, I suffered from frequent leg cramps... not with my Force Fins since I tend to use more of my thigh muscles than my calf with these fins. If you choose to purchase Force Fins, do yourself a favor and invest in the optional bungie heel strap since they make on/off very easy in the heaviest of surf. Also, I like the neon-yellow fins so my buddy can see me in the murkiest of waters. Having said all of this, they aren't my favorite fins for surface snorkeling.

Since this is the Force Fin forum, most people who visit here will already be converts (or undecideds)...

Plus a few cynics, too.

Granted, the test is not completely scientific because changing strokes prevents it from being a double blind test.

As a longtime Mechanical Engineer who has had a lot of vendors try to make amazing claims, I have a real problem with people who can't back up their product with clearly objective and scientific performance data.

I particularly enjoyed one "ours kicks up less silt" video demonstration from a few years back: was the difference really due to the fins, or perhaps it was all due to the obervable difference in body orientation (fins above/below waistline)?

My results are that the only pair that beats my Force Fin Pros is my Atomic splits, and then just barely.

Statistically, that's a tie. As such, it is not a viable product differentiator.

-hh

I have been diving FF's for over ten years and can make any fin kick I wish, as I have said in the past no fin is the perfect fin....but the FF comes the closest...in doubles and a drysuit I use Jets as they are good for low end torque and that's about it....free diving fins are great for straight line power, for most diving the FF's will fit the bill but they are not a good surface fin unless you get them under the water so they can work as they should....you have to learn how to dive the FF's and therein lies the problem with most people as the won't take the time to...if I could only have one fin the FF's would be it.
Yarg

The things I use and enjoy most in life took me some time to figure out how to use properly.
blueforce_sunrays.jpg

Yes - Force Fins were just one of them!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom