Force Fin Prototypes

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

surfon

Registered
Reaction score
This post is related to a post I did on this site in 2015 regarding a few Force Fin prototypes that I have. They were supposedly on loan from Force Fin to the Navy.

I purchased them from an abandoned property auction. There was a whole warehouse full of scuba equipment (mostly new) being auctioned. I was bidding on several lots. The auction was postponed, so I asked the auctioneer what the problem was. He stated that the lessee was a deployed Navy Seal out of the country and he was trying to stop the sale. That did not happen. I just wanted to clear the air that nobody from the Navy sold the fins. They just happened to be at that warehouse.

I noticed some other Force Fin prototypes being sold on Ebay and thought maybe it is time for me to do something with them. I am open to suggestions. Thanks, Surfon

Attachments

• P1100005.JPG
    P1100005.JPG
    58.4 KB · Views: 33
  • P1100006.JPG
    P1100006.JPG
    60.4 KB · Views: 31
  • P1100007.JPG
    P1100007.JPG
    69.2 KB · Views: 30
@lexvil is correct. If the tenant at a storage facility, is .mil their goods should not be sold without clearing some deliberately high hurdles.

I believe that the various prototypes that you are seeing on eBay are from Force Fin owner @Bob Evans collection.

See:

Delayed yes, approved.? Bob is a reasonable guy, you (op) should contact him, if they were on loan to the Navy they technically remain his property.

Technically, I'm not sure that is true. That's why these sales are published so that any third parties are notified and the buyer is protected.

So what is the OP doing with them?

Technically, I'm not sure that is true. That's why these sales are published so that any third parties are notified and the buyer is protected.
Well, if it was on loan to the Federal Government, the FG would have rights to them as effective owner, until such time as they were returned to the grantor (Force Fin) or the grantor exercised whatever right of revocation they might have. If the FG conveyed them them to the employee (Seal) for usage under employment, the effective ownership would remain with the FG or revert to the original grantor if the loan was terminated. If the employee retained them without authorization, they would be stolen goods.

IANAL, but I would guess that auctioning the goods "owned" by the FG while in the possession of a federal employee does not terminate the rights of the FG (they have been known to be testy that way).

Kind of seems that you might be in possession of goods that are in some way, not necessarily exclusive, owned by Force Fin, "owned" by right by the FG, or stolen.

I would not be surprised that buried somewhere in the federal code there is a duty to report misappropriated federal property. I'm sure that there is some alphabet agency that could help you sort that out ...

Stolen property remains stolen property even if resold at auction. The fact that you seem to have knowledge that ownership rights were being excercised by the FG leads me to think that there has been a failure to connect the dots.

From Bob Evans in the 2015 thread:

Looks to me like David Libby sold me out. These force fin experimental models were never to be sold. Not good at all.

---------- Post added July 9th, 2015 at 05:53 PM ----------

surfron, I would like to say you are selling stolen goods, but will hold off on that thought..... These Force fin's belong to my company Bob Evans Designs Inc. and were involved with a Special U.S. Navy project. I now know they were given to a David Libby, Special Agent and should be return to me asap. My address is 27 West Anapamu Street #318, Santa Barbara, California 93101. I would suggest to get back those pair you sold and return them also. We will not ask questions, just do the right thing.Thank you. Bob

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom