Any dam dive trips this fall

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rudebob

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Last year someone on the board (maybe Garrett) put together a trip to dive the old dam at Pleasant while the water levels were down. I could not make that trip but would be interested in trying to go this year. Anyone here interested or can suggest the best way to go about getting a trip together?

Thanks,

mg

Hey RudeBob,

Funny you should mention a dam dive...Several of us were just recently talking about doing a dam dive in the very near future, possibly next Sunday 10/05 ?? Anyone up for this date, in the AM, aboard The Scubateers boat ? I will be out of town from tonight until Sunday evening however I would be up for the Oct 5th date in the morning, aboard the boat.

WHO ELSE WOULD BE IN FOR A DAM BOAT DIVE w/ The Scubateers on Sunday morning, October 5th ? If so, please call Rob with The Scubateers @ 602.518.3443 to reserve a spot on the boat.

I am calling and in !!

Moderator: Please do not move to "trips" section b/c at this point, its is only a tentative idea. If ppl start replying w/ interest, then please move ?

I may be able to make it. Girlfriend will be out of town so I might as well be blowing bubbles all weekend.

Last edited:
Excellent, glad to hear you might be able to come !! I am in Mexico until Sunday, PLEASE briefly contact ROB at the Scubateers and reserve a boat spot so we can arrange the logistics of the dive/boat prepardness, etc. Let him know if u are bringing your air/SCUBA rig etc. so he and I can co ordinate what we need to get ready. I will DEF be there !! See if we can also get some other ppl. The more the better ! Going out aboard The Scubateer is a BLAST !!
Rob is at 602.518.3443

PS.....When I get back from Mexico on Sunday, I am planning to shoot out to Lake Pleasant for some more dives, hopefully to meet with The Scubateers. If you are planning to be at Pleasant on Sunday afternoon/evening, PLEASE call me and leave a voicemail (wont be able to chk until Sunday AM) so I know who/where you will be. call 480.242.8948 and leave a msg. pls

A couple of my friends and I did the dam last year with Garrett and we had a blast. Next Sunday in the AM sounds perfect to me! I'll check with my buddy (pteranodon) and hopefully we can make the drive from Tucson for this unique oppertunity.

It looks like the scubateers have a boat going out both saturday and sunday (check out the "trips and local marketplace" section in southwest sandsharks section.

I personally am on the fence for going this weekend as I may have family coming in from out of town. Also, the viz reports did not sound good last weekend-at least from the shore divers, anyway. I was hoping that maybe the Scubateers might chime in as to what kind of conditions they have been experiencing in the last few weeks.

mg

Hi Guys,
This is Rob from The Scubateers

Some are asking if this sunday is still a go..
Yes, however i need folks to either call or email to reserve a spot..
The price is the same of 59 for a 2 tank dive.

I need to know how many are going so i can determine how many tanks we will need to bring out.
If you have air the price will be 50 for a 2 tank dive.

We will meet at the 10 lane boat ramp @ 7:00am.Sunday The 5th.

Some are asking how visibility is:
10 to 20 feet depending how deep you go, there is difference of vis when diving away from shore.

Remeber as the water gets chilly, the vis gets better :)

Go to our website to see a couple of pictures (compliments of matthew and fiona at 50 ft or so)

The island we like to call Tec Island, is great... where we anchor is around 10 feet, then just about 30 ft is the 1st shelf, then it bottoms out at 116 feet from there,it will vary due to the change of water level.

The top of the old dam is 35-40 feet depending where we land.

Water Temps:
115 feet just around 62 degree's

Now our tec divers went down 200ft and the temp is 54 degree's...

I guess that is it for now..
Please do not hesitate to call or email for further questions,

Happy Diving Everyone!
Be safe and always dive with a buddy..

Rob

Back
Top Bottom