Any Dean Koontz fans out there?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Spencermm

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I'm about to finish the only of his books that I haven't read.
Who can I read next that will be similar? Was thinking of Follett, maybe?
Spencer
PS
Can't wait for Ann Rice's next one!

I read authors in splurges. I was on a Koontz binge a few years back and haven't ready anything that he's written in probably the last five. Unles "Prey" was his. I don't remember who wrote that one.

Anyhoo, I enjoy Koontz a lot.

Currently I'm reading a lot of Bernard Cornwell. It's historical fiction about the Vigking Invasion of England and he has a series that is a retelling of King Arthur.

I've enjoyed them immensly.

Thanks for responding. I will look into Cornwell.
If you haven't read Koontz' "Odd" series, as in Thomas Odd, you should read it, as I think it is his best work. Could be wrong, but I think the last book he wrote/published was the 3rd in this series.
Spencer

i use to be a koontz fan but then i found the pattern of his books and got bored

mysterious guy with training in some sort of secret govt agency, lonely women with inner strength she never knew she had, both afraid to reach out to another person because of some history with a bad relationship or deah, an occasional kid or dog to bring out the maternal instincts

has he change much??

cheers

I read authors in splurges. I was on a Koontz binge a few years back and haven't ready anything that he's written in probably the last five. Unles "Prey" was his. I don't remember who wrote that one.

I Believe "Prey" was Crichton.

I've read a lot of Koontz' books and also Follet - a number of Follet's have a historical bent to them.

Yes, I too saw the formula early on. That, and the over-the-top detail houses and plants. I like him anyway though.
My all time fav is Twain. I think I've read nearly everything he has written. The one that I have the fondest memories of is a small writing titled The Diarly of Adam and Eve(think thats right). That little book has made my marriage better. The ending is a tear jerker, in context. Eve has died and Adam had this placed on her headstone: "And where ever she was, there was Eden."

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom