Any divers here from Kuwait?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DiveDani

Krtter Seaducer
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
hey divers!
is anyone out there that knows something about diving
in Kuwait? someone that maybe lives there?
someone that has been to dive shops?
any "western" women out there that went diving in Kuwait?
are there charterboats? can females work on these boats?
how is diving?
someone told me they have a lot of spots where they still
have bombs....is that true?

curious:
D :popcorn:

Yes there are charter boats...i live there...diving is ok here and as a matter of fact they found 2 whale sharks about 2 weeks ago. There are reasonable diving sites here...im not sure about the bombs though but i dont think there are any :p

Hiya

I live in Kuwait and have just passed my Padi Open Water, diving in Kuwait is generally Ok however the current can be strong in places as well as visability can vary from inches to 4 - 5 mtrs. Never seen or heard of any unexploded bombs so it should be safe, you do get some women diving in various clubs so but charterboats are non existent.

hey allan! now that i have lived there for a bit, i know that there is charter boats and nice diving. i have been out with Diving Caroline. thanks to Deedee and Derron again.right now i am out of kuwait but i will be back soon, hoping to get a wreck dive in before the winter comes.

Dee

Thanks for that, as I have only just gained open water (Palms Dive Ctr) they are the only people I have dived with so far. Going for my advanced then will contact Dive Caroline for more dives.

Allan

Hey,

I hope im not late, but im from Kuwait, and yes there are many places to dive here. If your still in Kuwait, im sure you noticed how cold it gets, the water is fine, but once you get out is where you face trouble, its too cold to sit still.

As allan mentioned, there is the Palms Dive center, PADI, and NAUI centers are located in many different places. If your looking for fun dives, it wont matter which center you visit, if your looking for completing courses, education isnt a strength with NAUI centers here, i recommend a PADI dive center.

If you need anything, PM me or post here and im glad to help!

cheers

hey guys i think im too late for this post :p but since summer is getting close i thought i would pass by and say yeah we do have diving trips all around kuwait. if you need any further assistance with knowing where the shops are or even looking for a diving buddy dont hesitate to send me a message :)

Chao

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom