Any diving around Playa Herradura?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kelpmermaid

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I might be headed in that direction in Costa Rica, and was just wondering if there was any diving in that area. If not, how far would one have to go to find a dive operator? I've been doing some looking around online, but so far have not come up with anything in the immediate area. There is a relatively new marina, so I'm thinking there might be something there.

Hi there:

Yes there is. I dove right in front of Herradura Beach some years ago. The sites were similar to North Guanacaste (i.e. Ocotal and surroundings) although at that time viz. was not that great and I don't recall seeing large marine life but I did see plenty of fish and eels.

I'm not sure if there's an operation in Herradura (my guess would be the Marriot Los Sueños), there used to be one in Punta Leona next to Herradura but I think they ended up closing some months ago. In any case, you could contact Facundo at (506) 375 8029, the instructor (at that time divemaster) with whom I went there. He's very familiar with those spots. Facundo is in San José but he arranges diving trips.

Tell him Fernando Alvarado told you about him.

Thanks for your help...I will contact him as the time draws nearer...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom