Any Experience with Aviastar or Wings Air

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ATR 72's can easily handle more than 15kg per passenger. Plenty of airlines that operate ATR 72's offer 20kg free per passenger and for members they offer 30kg. No reason to leave bags behind as mentioned in this thread.

I would expect a 737 to be able to have plenty of capacity to handle all the passengers' luggage as well, but then I saw highdesert's experience with his luggage being left in Sorong airport's tarmac. With Indonesian airlines, you never know, maybe your luck is such that they have some super-important extra payload to carry on your flight, or there is some restriction because of the runway length (Baubau airport's runway is relatively short). I wouldn't take it for granted that everything will go smoothly, but I wouldn't worry too much either. Most likely (as was in my case) you'll be fine.

Kind off topic but I want to share rumours that Wings Air are starting up the Manado-Davao route again (maybe 1 /2 times per week). Hope it is true as it will make it easier to 'pop' to the Philippines now!

instructorinasia:
Kind off topic but I want to share rumours that Wings Air are starting up the Manado-Davao route again (maybe 1 /2 times per week). Hope it is true as it will make it easier to 'pop' to the Philippines now!

There is no flight between manado and davao, I asked while in manado in wings air office.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom