Any experience with Suunto Eraser?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jaeger45

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Greetings!

I just bought a used Suunto Vytec and was looking to reset the dive log on it. After searching the Suunto Dive Manager, and eventually Scubaboard, I came across the Suunto Eraser on the Liquid Image Photo Website (bounced due to insufficient posts).

Anyone had any experience with it (particularly latest version)? I certainly don't want to cause any problems with the computer, but I'd like to start with a clean slate.

"At the expence of not restoring memory to factory new specs"--I presume this is referring to the (empty) slots still needing to be overwritten?

On a _slightly_ related note, anyone know if there are long-term penalties built into the RGBM model? I.e., if the original owner missed his last 5 safety stops when the computer was last used in 2007, are my bottom times in 2009 penalized?

Thanks for your help--seems like a great board so far!

I am not sure why folks are so hellbent on cleaning out someone else's dives on a used computer. If you down load yeah the first time you will get them but then delete them in log and you are done.

There are no long term penalties.

I am not sure why folks are so hellbent on cleaning out someone else's dives on a used computer. If you down load yeah the first time you will get them but then delete them in log and you are done.

There are no long term penalties.

Don't feel bad the average IQ is only 100. Very few ever understand everything. :rofl3:
The history function is one of the biggest reasons people ask me to clear them. They like having their own stuff in there. The rest just have misconceptions of what is going on in electroland.

Hrmph. Yeah, it's really just liking to have my own stuff in there--a luxury, not a necessity. With two children under 3 years of age, it will likely be years before I clear out the memory with my own dives.

I don't pretend to be a computer programmer, but I can usually find my way around an app. I just don't want to break the darn thing.

Thanks for the RGBM model info!

Jaeger45,

I sold my Vyper 2 to my cousin recently and he IS a computer programmer. He tried the "Eraser" program you were referring to but no matter how he tried tweaking it, it wouldn't work for the Vyper 2. In the end, he just resigned to diving his *** off so he can clear out the memory with his own dives! In other words, the Eraser program didn't work. Good luck if you get it to work, but don't count on it.

In the end, he just resigned to diving his *** off so he can clear out the memory with his own dives!

Or he could just set the sample rate to 1 second - this will fill the memory after about 3 hours of dives :wink:

Just pull the battery and leave it out for a while and the dives will be erased, I think.

Thanks for the info on the Vyper 2.

Adjusting the sample rate is a good idea--it is only adjustable to every 10 seconds, but it will at least speed up the process.

From what I've read so far, the memory is more like that of a flash drive--not power dependent--so unfortunately removing the battery isn't adequate to clear the memory.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom