Any families going to Coz the first week in April?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Draq

Registered
Reaction score
Hi:

My wife and I and our two sons (all divers) are going to Cozumel 3/30-4/6. We have one 11 year old and a 15 year old. Having a Jr. diver along can make boat diving a bit challenging due to depth limits, and the kids can get tired of nothing but adult company (and the adults can get tired of nothing but kids for company). Any other families going at this time who might want to meet up/share some dive boats?

Oh, I should add our 11 year old does adhere to the 40' limit, so other junior divers with the same limit or divers willing to dive within that depth would be great, but with a larger group we can split up some.

but we arrive at the tail end of your trip. Who are you diving with? The larger boats, such as Dive Paradise, usually have a nice mix of divers on their boats. Thats the week before Easter break, so younger people may not be as plentiful. It will be a blast no matter what. Have fun.

Actually, that week is the Spring or Easter break for our schools, which is why the kids can go....Not sure who we are diving with yet. We prefer small boats, but cannot afford our "first" choices this time. Maybe Bottom Time, DWM, Blue Angel or Scuba Mau. I need to contact them and see how they feel about a jr. diver. I should probably post and ask for suggestions of the lower priced ops running smaller boats.

We'll be at Wyndham diving with Sand Dollar 4/2-11. My son just turned 17 and my daughter is 12. Son has been diving since 10 so a little advanced (PADI ow/aow, IANTD Deep Diver/nitrox/working on advanced nitrox) but my daughter is a jr. diver.

Actually, that week is the Spring or Easter break for our schools, which is why the kids can go....Not sure who we are diving with yet. We prefer small boats, but cannot afford our "first" choices this time. Maybe Bottom Time, DWM, Blue Angel or Scuba Mau. I need to contact them and see how they feel about a jr. diver. I should probably post and ask for suggestions of the lower priced ops running smaller boats.

PapaHogs is a good choice for you. Papa Hogs Scuba Emporium of Cozumel - Mexico
they have several small boats and will be able to keep you diving the shallower reefs with you kids, they may even give you your own boat. That is who we used when our daughter was young (Margaret, the owner, certified her there when she was 12).

robin:D

Our children aren't going on this trip but my wife and I will be there from the 3 to 8 April.

Thanks for the input, I'll look into Papa Hogs. We wouldn't be going to the Wyndham, so I'm not sure Sand Dollar would work out. Requiembell...I can't imagine if you are going without your kids you want to hang out with ours, do you?

Actually, just today some friends decided they were going to Playa or thereabouts the same week, so maybe we will go over there instead. I have no idea where they are staying or who they are diving with.

Back
Top Bottom