Any fossilers wanna show off some photos?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

like TONY said there is only the three of us here haha so I guess we can just settle in here....

Tony where are you diving that everything is comming out so white?? I know sites to find all gray fossils and sites for all red but the white ones are few and far between....

You are good! Some look whiter due to the flash. They wash out of the clay banks.

we need to get some bottom time in....im jones'n for more teeth lol

I am really impressed as to how well the coloring on the potery held up over the years. Yea, my inflator finger is itching to get some bottom time and teeth. I still prefer the fall and winter months. Less traffic and the gators are not around. Saw some hugh ones down there. OBTW, am I the only one who has taken a brick from the bottom? I remember in one area the bottom looked like a cobblestone road. I understood that the ships would use the bricks as ballast while making the trip and then dump them overboard once they were to take on cargo. Also, the old building at the bend I believe was a brick mfg.? We checked near there but the water takes on incredible speed. For once, I really am enjoying a very good thread....thanks.

Alright fellas, move over.....room for one more, lol

I cross the rivers ever day and you talk about Jones'n for a dive? try going over the 41 bridge on the Wando at low tide and you KNOW of a spot that is not that far away that produces red and orange teeth but you need a boat to get to them.

I was all set to buy a boat, but the wifey got her new car instead.

We all need to hook up and do some diving soon though.

lol yea I feel at home here with this thread haha....yea when I first started diving the cooper i took everything I saw lol but now take the bricks I find on the bottom and turn then long ways up so I know if Ive been there or not......but I dont remove them lol dont know what too do with them haha....same goes for the bones....Ill look at them to see it they have feeding marks opn them but if they dont have teeth gouges in them or teeth sticking out I leave them for the cattle boat ppl.... Im really looking for a piece of bone with a tooth sticking out....not THAT would be awsome! the old building you see on the river bank is the old rice mill...thats in walking distance of our place....its actually our back yard haha

welcome Mike! and yea we all got to get together....how many of you own your own boat for the river?? we have a pontoon rigged for diving with 4 pontoons to hold the weight.....enough room for 4 divers comfortably

Id love to try the wando out sometime....we were gonna dive the Edisto river last week but plans fell thru....

You not only have a great view with easy access but a very nice house. In the mean time, hide your teeth... we have had over 1500 viewers looking at this thread! I really can't wait until we turn this thread into a "your not doing the diving as they teach in Fundies." I am just joking BTW.

Last edited:
You not only have a great coupled with easy access but a very nice house. In the mean time, hide your teeth... we have had over 1500 viewers looking at this thread! I really can't wait until we turn this thread into a "your not doing the diving as they teach in Fundies." I am just joking BTW.

dont get the bold part lol

but on a side note when ppl start to come in here with the "your not doing the diving as they teach in Fundies." attitude we will have to start a SB group that is by invite only

Back
Top Bottom