Any fossilers wanna show off some photos?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ok...time for a little gear talk....what are you all using to anchor your self on the bottom and to crawl around with??

I made the "spikes from old screwdrivers and tent stakes....then made the "ice axes" from scrap around the house and tennis racket grip...the ice axe idea is the bomb on the bottom....digs in deep and makes for an awesome handle to hold yourself in place and the reverse side is great to dig in the marl banks for the "fresh" teeth

IMGP1404.jpg

dont get the bold part lolbut on a side note when ppl start to come in here with the "your not doing the diving as they teach in Fundies." attitude we will have to start a SB group that is by invite only[/QUOTE
Sorry but I am using an itouch while thinking about something else. I was thinking that the house on the hill just past the island was yours. I have often thought of what it would be like to live there. Also I was trying to say view.
OBTW what is PPL?

ppl is short for people...the nice house your talking about with all the glass is like a mayor of city offical i think....haha but no I widh that was mine....my buddy's place is in the small community behind there

welcome Mike! and yea we all got to get together....how many of you own your own boat for the river?? we have a pontoon rigged for diving with 4 pontoons to hold the weight.....enough room for 4 divers comfortably

Oh don't get me started on a boat. The wifey and I have been talking about getting a boat, heck we even went to the boat show and I had decided on a G3 1756 Jon boat for the rivers but oh nooooooooooooooo, we never madfe it out of the weekend before my boat had disappeared~!!!! How so? easily........the wifey finally got her 2-seat sports car and well, I do not want to deplete my savings so no boat for now.

lol yea I feel at home here with this thread haha....yea when I first started diving the cooper i took everything I saw lol but now take the bricks I find on the bottom and turn then long ways up so I know if Ive been there or not......but I dont remove them lol dont know what too do with them haha....same goes for the bones....Ill look at them to see it they have feeding marks opn them but if they dont have teeth gouges in them or teeth sticking out I leave them for the cattle boat ppl.... Im really looking for a piece of bone with a tooth sticking out....not THAT would be awsome! the old building you see on the river bank is the old rice mill...thats in walking distance of our place....its actually our back yard haha

Too funny Mud, I too grab all the bone pieces to look them over for feeding damage and if none, then they stay in the drink. We can always wade into the Edisto river, I have a spot that has been good to me for a few years. Not a secret, others dive there too but I have pulled a few 4" angy's and on e beautiful 1.5" perfect chocolate brown Benedini.
The yard of yours, have you ever put a metal detector to the ground there? I bet that ground has a lot of history to tell. Well, anyhow, we got to wet soon dangit~! I am going stir crazy, lol

Hey Rich, those are some really nice fossils you got there. I really need to take new pics of my finds. I feel like I have been lazy on that part.

I will get some pics of my spikes. I thought about an ice axe but decided not to use one. The cost was a factor. I basically have a bronze handle with a stainless steel spike. I have it on a bungie cord lanyard and I clip it to my BCD. I have a back up spike as well my father in law made me with a brass handle and stainless steel spike. I also have one of the guys at work in between jobs turning done 2" round stock of SS. so far just the handle is done but I am hoping he hurries up and gets it finished~!!!! LOL

thats all your gonna do Richie is just throw up some pics and leave???

well since Richie isnt gonna say anything thats my best friend that im always talking about diving with....yea mike get some photo's up....that IS what the treads titled....you cant metal detect legally as its state property....but the history is there....we were out wondering in the woods a week ago and found a grave yard out there....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom