Any fossilers wanna show off some photos?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nothing but the cooper .. My boat is made for anything but open water . Im in for trying a new spot . Just gotta hook up the boat and drop it off in the water . Maybe your friend will be willing to do some trading ... I can take you guys out on the river on my boat and your friend can take us to the pile . Do you sell your finds? I havent sold the first piece . Just cant give them up . I have given some away to friends and family .. I got Mud n Rox on the River this past summer for the first time and I have created a monster.. But I am gratefull to have a pal who will follow me to the bottom of the creepy water .. Im diggin your dispensery bottles .. From the river?? Ive not had too much luck on the civil war finds .. We mostly dive from red banks and down river.. Some times at the T's .. Do you know where Sullivans landing is ? Just before the R.R. trussel .

Oh and for the drift diving .. I kinda give that up after drifing into a gnarly log jam and getting pretty tangled ..

Savannah, GA 1866 John Ryan Cider bottle
JRCider.jpg

JRCider2.jpg

My latest find is this nice 1911 circa Germania Beer bottle, Charleston, SC actually found this at low tide on the Wando with just the top sticking out of the muck.
germania.jpg

germania2.jpg

Drift diving doesn't bother me but I hear ya on the logs. That is why I now wear a dive helmet. I was doing a little drift diving in the Edisto (I know it was crazy) with only 1 foot if viz, and a decent current. I went head first into a huge tree trunk and cut the top of my head.

Answer some of your questions, I will ask my friend if he is interested. I do not sell my finds, but I do give some away. I like making necklaces out of them. I have a Chilean orange mako about 2.5" on a necklace. I need to take some pics of some of my necklaces. I know that landing your talking about.

Here is a first for me, this is my very first piece of coprolite I have found and since then I have found a few more
DSC02528.jpg

DSC02530.jpg

How about a bone white Angy
DSC_0400800x600.jpg

Partial cuda jaw
FishJaw2.jpg

oh, found a pic of some of my necklaces I have made
SAM_0477.jpg

Some 4" angy's I found last year in the edisto
SAM_0941.jpg

Nice piece of petrified wood with the bark pattern
SAM_0958.jpg

ahhhhh....so jealous of that white angry Mike.....love my megs dont get me wrong but the angry's ar where its at!!

Looks like you and me will get along great .. I make my necklaces out of hemp .. Something I started doin a couple of years ago is polishing some of my teeth . I build a polisher and bought some diamond wheels that will put a super high polish on even the roughest of teeth .. I do this to all my frags and brokens .. Ill bring you some to see . If your looking at Sullivans landing from the water , the inlet just to the right of it is the private landing for my place .. The only problem is at low tide my boat wont float to good . Mrs. Sullivan still lets me use hers when the water is low .. We will be down next weekend to do some work to the house maybe we can hook up later that evening ? Im trying to get all the work done to the house before spring so all we have to do is fill air and dive . Gonna buy a goat to mow the yard .. We can find bottles at the campground spot but is BAD for boat traffic and most boats dont know the meaning of the dive flag .. And dont even get me started on that subject .

I really am blown away at what I am seeing. Such great finds and from this thread I now know the "spar" is really a whale's tooth. What I also equally great is that none of us seem to sell what we find but give it away. When I retired I moved back into my old house I grew up in. The street had some rather misguided teens there. They would later come to cleaning up their act, putting out the butts, pulling their pants up etc just to come over and talk about my diving and the adventures. This is when I started giving a few away trying to show them a more positive direction in life. I know what they are going thru because I grew up there and count my blessing for joining the Marines and getting out of there. I also give to the younger family members. So, whom to you give to and why? Thanks for sharing your finds with not only me but over a thousand plus viewers. I really need to display them better.

I really am blown away at what I am seeing. Such great finds and from this thread I now know the "spar" is really a whale's tooth. What I also equally great is that none of us seem to sell what we find but give it away. When I retired I moved back into my old house I grew up in. The street had some rather misguided teens there. They would later come to cleaning up their act, putting out the butts, pulling their pants up etc just to come over and talk about my diving and the adventures. This is when I started giving a few away trying to show them a more positive direction in life. I know what they are going thru because I grew up there and count my blessing for joining the Marines and getting out of there. I also give to the younger family members. So, whom to you give to and why? Thanks for sharing your finds with not only me but over a thousand plus viewers. I really need to display them better.

Well Tony first let me start off by saying Thanks. Thanks for serving our country, from one vet to another (8 years US Army, Gulf War vet). I usually give some away to kids. Mainly co worker and friends kids. I will also make necklaces for friends as well.

I know what it is like growing up in a bad environment and I believe that we need to be a positive influence for the younger generation. I could go on and on about the youngs kids now and forgotten words like integrity, morals, respect, etc.. But I feel like I would be preaching to the choir, lol

I need to hurry up and build a custom coffee table with a built in display top so I can bring out more stuff.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom