any Ft. Lauderdale area dive groups out there?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

roguetrixie

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I recently moved to Florida from Ohio and I want to start diving more! I'm looking for a dive group to learn more about the area. I have my PADI AOW and about 50 dives. I'm a sign language interpreter so hanging out with Deaf divers would be awesome!

My hubby wants to learn to dive, where is a good dive shop to go to?

Any info would be great!
:D

Thanks!
Jenn

Contact Gold Coast Scuba in Lauderdale by the Sea. They sponsor a very active Meetup.com dive group that does a lot of beach and boat diving and the shop has excellent instructors. I did my Rescue Diver class with them a few years ago and was very pleased with the training.

Other dive boats I've used include Pompano Dive Center, South Florida Dive HQ and Scubatyme. I've never done training with any of them, but all the crew are nice at these shops.

---------- Post added May 7th, 2015 at 09:30 AM ----------

Oh by the way.... welcome to Florida!

Check out South Florida Divers, Inc. They are a great club and do quite a bit of diving and social get-togethers. There are many instructors in the club too, so they may be able to help you get your husband going too.

Many of the shops in the area do workshop type things monthly. Force-E, in particular, in Pompano does a bunch of cool seminars that usually get great turn outs and is fun to meet and hang out with other local divers at.

If you want to help out deaf folks, check out aqua-hands They're not local, but they often do trips down to south Florida. They may be able to link you up with some local people too.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom