Any good diving text books?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I would give a +1 for the PADI Encyclopedia of Recreational Diving. I was very surprised at how well done it was. Bought one for my wife after she completed OW and she has been reading through it.

I would also recommend the PADI Encyclopedia. Like all PADI materials, it's written for a fairly simple audience, but there is a LOT of good, valid information in the book, and if you want a general refresher on what you learned in OW, it's all there.

Wow! Thanks for all the great responses. I found Graver's Scuba Diving 4th edition at my library, so I'm starting with that. I also downloaded the 1,000 page navy manual, which I will save for a rainy night.

I read this on my most recent holiday as an ebook. the boat entanglement one is an absolute eye opener and scary as hell, previously on a dive boat I'd probably do the same as him.

I think there's a good amount of new divers that would never dive again upon reading that book.

SCUBA Diving by Dennis Graver. It is the text that would be used in the YMCA class if it was still around. The Y closed the program and it is now taught by Scuba Educators International. If you want a copy I am an SEI instructor and have the text in stock. Message me for a price with shipping.

Good advice - Graver's text is easy to follow, comprehensive and well-respected.

The NOAA book is the bible of diving

I feel the same about that book. I've never seen a book so complete about diving.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom