Any Good Stories???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rnolan321

Reaction score
So, I am sitting here in the Heartland and growing anxious to complete my dives for my Open Water Certification. I was just wondering if anyone has a story or an interesting experience from their own certification that they would like to share. That way I can live vicariously through you until I can finnaly get in the water. Just thought it would be kind of fun to here from some of you, because I am sure everyone has a unique story from their first adventure underwater.

my first underwater adventure was in Wraysbury! and it was January.....and it was snowing....the intructors were taking us down, one on one. and we were excited! (we weren't so sure about the snow and all....but anyway!) got all weighted, and finally hopped on in (well, of course it wasn't gracefull, but i somehow got my lard ***, and more importantly all the other stuff to help you sink and breath underwater, into the water :)) first thing, short surface swim "saskia, take your reg and your mask off, put you face in the water, just you have an idea of how cold it is" it was about 4 degrees c.....to which i obviously reply, OH that doesn't feel to cold! i was so excited, the fact that the water was freezing and the viz was close to nothing, didn't even matter! plus, the dives can only get better from wraysbury! went from there, to stoney cove, to Oban and then finally to florida, i wouldn't dream of doing it any other way! Even now, i like going to back to wraysbury, just because, it was my 'first', ya know? it's ....'special' :p plus it's a really nice and easy and fun place to just poddle about playing with stuff :p
i hope this helps :p it isn't very exciting or anything :p
(then there's my first wetsuit dive where i jump into the water and scream !#@$! (fill in what your imagination can think of) i'm getting WET! of course everyone else thought it was amusing, but i didn't :p trust me, it's a weird sensation if you've never been in a wetsuit before!)

rnolan, you might get a kick out of reading the journal of my OW class that is linked to in my signature line. It was, shall we say, an interesting experience, and I had fun writing about it. :)

Back
Top Bottom