Any Hockey Fans Around???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hockeynut:
You guys are going against the WCHA? How many more years in a row do we have to win it to convince everyone?

I am, and no disrespect meant by it. I saw St Cloud and Michigan State play here in Vt, and both were excellent teams. But, in the end, the most explosive team I've seen this season was UNH. They are solid from top to bottom, and all their lines are scoring threats. They are also an excellent passing team, something I also noticed from St Cloud and Michigan. I have season tickets to UVM, so I got the chance to see all the Hockey East teams at least once, and a few ECAC teams as well.
HAving said all that, I like U Mass. They are peaking at the right time, and that could take them the distance. There are probably 6 teams that are capable of winning it all, but 2 of them will be taken out in the second round by an inter-conference team, based on the way the brackets were put together. I only saw 3 games involving Western teams when they played UVM, but I do read USCHO's website. In the end, based on the games I saw and what i have read on the western teams, I put Notre Dame and Minnesota in the final four, with UNH and U Mass playing them. I picked UNH, but if a goalie from any of the 6 I spoke about gets hot, all bets are off.
C-Dawg

Vtdiver2:
RedWingDiver, anytime you want to fly in and catch a DET- MTL game at the Bell Centre, let me know, the first round's on me.
C-Dawg

I'm in! :D I'll just have to convince my wife to either come with me or let me take someone else! :) The Wings should be there next year since the Habs were here this year, and, believe it or not, I could probably get tickets fairly easily. Why, you ask? Because my cubemate has Habs season tickets.

Really. No joke. We work in SE Michigan, but my cubemate has Habs season tickets. Obviously she doesn't go to every game being that she lives in Windsor, but she is able to offload what she doesn't use and gets up to Montreal for 3-4 games a year. So if you want playoff tickets, I might be able to put in a good word for you!

We did go to the Wings-Habs game this year at JLA. Of course I was happy with the win, but very disappointed in the game itself. Montreal had apparently forgotten to show up that night.

Good to see Halak get the shutout last night to keep pace with the Leafs. Just hope Aebischer can get the job done tomorrow night.

Anyone see Hasek dive again last night...and get scored on because of it?:shakehead I swear, that man needs some scuba gear. But he's my team's goalie, and I have to support him.

I wish I followed college hockey as closely as I used to. Outside of the CCHA, I don't check much, and even then, it's only Michigan that I keep tabs on. I'd like to think Jack Johnson would stay one more year so that he can have a team that could support him better, but I'm sure he's LA bound after this year.

ScubaTexan-that would be awesome to get back at Notre Dame in the NCAA championship game!

Well, once again the Habs have put a dagger in my heart. Time to hang up my Cam Neely sweater, and put the Bruins pennants back in a drawer until October.

I could feel the tide turn last night in the last four minutes of the second period. The Bruins got back on their heels, and never recovered. The B's are ranked 28th in 5 on 5 play for the season. End of story.

Oh well, It could be worse. I could be a Flyers fan.

Now, I can only hope the B's beat Montreal Thursday and ruin their hopes of post season play.

RedWingDiver:
I wish I followed college hockey as closely as I used to. Outside of the CCHA, I don't check much, and even then, it's only Michigan that I keep tabs on. I'd like to think Jack Johnson would stay one more year so that he can have a team that could support him better, but I'm sure he's LA bound after this year.

ScubaTexan-that would be awesome to get back at Notre Dame in the NCAA championship game!

That's kinda what I was thinking, too! :D

Jack Johnson and T.J. Hensick ROCK!!

RedWingDiver:
Good to see Halak get the shutout last night to keep pace with the Leafs. Just hope Aebischer can get the job done tomorrow night.

Carbo has said the job is Halak's til he proves he can't do it. Abby will probably be sitting the pine til his contract runs out, especially since Huet is now practicing and could be back before the end of the regular season.

As for catching a game next year, I'm there. Once next year's schedule comes out, we'll make plans. What would be really cool is to fly in Friday evening, go dive the Empress on Saturday, catch a Det/Mtl Sunday matinee and then head home Sunday evening. Now that would be a weekend!
C-Dawg

cowjazz:
Now, I can only hope the B's beat Montreal Thursday and ruin their hopes of post season play.

Gee thanks...I love you too! :10: :rofl3:
C-Dawg

PS Cam Neely jersey's are always cool, regardless of what the current team is doing.

cowjazz:
Well, once again the Habs have put a dagger in my heart. Time to hang up my Cam Neely sweater, and put the Bruins pennants back in a drawer until October.

I could feel the tide turn last night in the last four minutes of the second period. The Bruins got back on their heels, and never recovered. The B's are ranked 28th in 5 on 5 play for the season. End of story.

Oh well, It could be worse. I could be a Flyers fan.

No it could be worse you could be a Blackhawks fan:rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3: See now you know how i feel. It s time for me to take my Hawks to the cleaners get it ready for next Year:rofl3: :rofl3:

Well, UNH is out, and deservedly so, as they played poorly and didn't look like they wanted it. LOL....there goes my college pool. BC-St Lawrence starts at 4:30.
At least my Habs continue to play well now that they are healthy.....was flipping over to the B's-NYR game, hoping the B's could pull out a win as the Habs are battling the Rangers, Islanders, Carolina and Tampa for the 6th thru 8th spots in the East.
C-Dawg

I got 3 out of 4 last night -- only lost Clarkson.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom