Any Hockey Fans Around???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Stars 6, Coyotes 0

It was a butt-kicking from the opening faceoff. Now, if Colorado will just lose, we'll be in the playoffs.

Wow....on consecutive nights, the Stars beat both the Red Wings and the Predators on each of their home ices. Has anyone done that this season?

I love this time of year...... and my Habs are rolling. While in the West the playoff matchups are pretty much set, in the East, the last few spots are still up for grabs, which means for some teams, the playoffs have already begun. Lose now and you'll be pulling out the golf bag this time next week.
C-Dawg

Elevatorguy2:
Vtdiver2, forgive me if I don’t share your enthusiasm for your beloved Habs. Wouldn’t it be something if the 8th spot came down to next Saturday night?
Go Leafs Go
I very well may come down to next Saturday nights game, but I have a feeling it won't. Here are their standings and remaining games as of this morning:

6. Tampa Bay 90 - - v CAR - - v FLA @ ATL -
7. NY Rangers 89 v TOR - @ NYI - v MON - @ PIT -
8. Montreal 88 - - v BOS - @ NYR - @ TOR -
9. Toronto 87 @ NYR - v PHI - @ NYI - v MON

I may live to eat my words, but here's how I see the next week going:
I see Mtl running the board and winning all 3 games to end up with 94 pts. ( I think the OTT game was a wake up that even though they've been playing well and winning, they have to show up for 60 min and can't take a shift or game off.)
I see the Rangers going .500, losing to PIT and MTL, for 93pts.
I see Tampa beating FLA, but losing other 2 games for 92 pts.
I see TOR winning going .500, losing to NYR and MTL for 91 pts.

Just my opinion, and I will probably be wrong. I'd pick Toronto higher, because I think as a team they are playing well, but I think Raycroft is their weak link. Last nights game against PIT is a prime example and they were lucky to get the win in OT after blowing a 4-1 lead.
Even if the HABS are odd man out and miss the dance, I'm excited about the "kids" stepping up and playing well. They are only going to get better. I only wish the team hadn't been ravaged by the flu bug back in January 'cause they'd have already clinched. Either way, next Saturdays game will be fun. TOR/MTL games always are. Good luck and may the best team win.
C-Dawg

ScubaTexan:
Wow....on consecutive nights, the Stars beat both the Red Wings and the Predators on each of their home ices. Has anyone done that this season?

Yes they are called the Buffalo Sabres.....not on consecutive nights, but when they played them they won. Unfortunately, they weren't scheduled back-to-back.

Mthelming:
Yes they are called the Buffalo Sabres.....not on consecutive nights, but when they played them they won. Unfortunately, they weren't scheduled back-to-back.

That's what I meant -- on consecutive nights. Pretty remarkable accomplishment, IMO.

Vtdiver2:
I may live to eat my words, but here's how I see the next week going:
I see Mtl running the board and winning all 3 games to end up with 94 pts. ( I think the OTT game was a wake up that even though they've been playing well and winning, they have to show up for 60 min and can't take a shift or game off.)
I see the Rangers going .500, losing to PIT and MTL, for 93pts.
I see Tampa beating FLA, but losing other 2 games for 92 pts.
I see TOR winning going .500, losing to NYR and MTL for 91 pts.
So far, so good. The Leafs got whacked last night.

tedtim:
So far, so good. The Leafs got whacked last night.
Yeah, so far so good. As I posted before, Raycroft is Toronto's weak link. They should have known better if the Bruins were getting rid of him. (then again, you could use that same argument against Smasonov :rofl3: )
C-Dawg

Vtdiver2:
I only wish the team hadn't been ravaged by the flu bug back in January 'cause they'd have already clinched.

My cubemate and I were just talking about that the other day. They had the two flu incidents (one lesser one later in the year) that really messed them up. I can NOT wait for this week's game!

As far as the Stars beating Detroit last week (or is that the Wings choking in the 3rd period?), it's probably all because Mike Smith was in goal against the Wings, not Turco!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom