Any Hockey Fans Around???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaTexan:
Are the Habs eliminated now?
Yep, stick a fork in 'em. They're done.
C-Dawg

Just a couple more games to go then the real season begins. Only one playoff spot to determine.

I wonder if Briere will miss the first game due to a suspension for the spearing incident last evening.

Vtdiver2:
Well, the Habs lost, and the Leafs are - for tonight, waiting for the results of ther NJ-NYI game tomorrow.
Undisiplined play and a questionable call (playing Huet over Halak) did them in. Congrats to the Leafs for pulling it off after being down 5-3, but my opinion of Raycroft wasn't changed by this game, rather reinforced. As long as the Leafs start Raycroft, their chances of winning are hindered.
The playoffs start Wednesday.....let the games begin!
C-Dawg

I'm sorry C-Dawg. I was really looking forward to watching both the Wings and Habs in the playoffs. I honestly don't feel it was that bad of a call to start Huet. It's not like he was that cold as he played the 3rd in NY. It was an elimination situation and Carbs felt more comfortable with the veteran. Besides, not only did they take the two straight 5 on 3's, but someone apparently forgot to tell them that game time was at 7. Huet kept them in the game in the 1st period. They fought back admirably, but sometime, they will have to learn to be more disciplined. Of course with Souray's injury, they might not have gotten out of the 1st round anyway.

Maurice looks like a genius pulling Raycroft. If he doesn't do that, I think the Habs get at least to OT.

Well, just checked the score of the Isles-NJ game and NY is up 2-0 with 8 minutes to go in the 3rd. Looks like they take the 8th spot and meet the Sabres in the first round, while Sundin can call Koivu to play a round of golf tomorrow. Who would have thought a week ago that's the way it would go. Props to the Isles, they had the toughest schedule but wanted it the most it seems.
C-Dawg

Vtdiver2:
Well, just checked the score of the Isles-NJ game and NY is up 2-0 with 8 minutes to go in the 3rd. Looks like they take the 8th spot and meet the Sabres in the first round, while Sundin can call Koivu to play a round of golf tomorrow. Who would have thought a week ago that's the way it would go. Props to the Isles, they had the toughest schedule but wanted it the most it seems.
C-Dawg
Too quick to post!!!!!!!!!! It is going into OT. NJ scores with 0.8 seconds left in the game to tie the score. Unbelievable!

Shootout, what a way to end the season. Then again, the Islanders could have held on for just another second and it would have been avoided.

tedtim:
Too quick to post!!!!!!!!!! It is going into OT. NJ scores with 0.8 seconds left in the game to tie the score. Unbelievable!

Shootout, what a way to end the season. Then again, the Islanders could have held on for just another second and it would have been avoided.
Wow, what a finish.....end result is the same though. Who are you picking as the first round upset? I'm picking the Rangers to beat Atlanta. A hot goalie is essential in the playoffs, and Lundquist is hot right now, and he has his team playing well in front of him. Besdides, Jagr and Shanahan have always been playoff performers, so they'll raise their game.
Who else is making predictions?
C-Dawg

Vtdiver2:
Wow, what a finish.....end result is the same though. Who are you picking as the first round upset? I'm picking the Rangers to beat Atlanta. A hot goalie is essential in the playoffs, and Lundquist is hot right now, and he has his team playing well in front of him. Besdides, Jagr and Shanahan have always been playoff performers, so they'll raise their game.
Who else is making predictions?
C-Dawg
I started a new thread for the prognasticators here. You can probably tell by my signature that I am a bit biased, but then again I will bet so is everyone else with an opinion on hockey.

This has not been my year for hockey. My kids team comes 4th out of 5 in the round robin, our local tier 2 and major junior teams bow out in the first rounds and now the Leafs are done. Hey how about those Raptors.

Elevatorguy2:
This has not been my year for hockey. My kids team comes 4th out of 5 in the round robin, our local tier 2 and major junior teams bow out in the first rounds and now the Leafs are done. Hey how about those Raptors.
Hey has not been my year either for Hockey not the way the Blackhawks played. At least Buffalo got the Presidents Cup and not Detroit.Well that s all behind us now time to Focus on the Playoff s and my other team Anaheim.:popcorn:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom