Any Hockey Fans Around???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RedWingDiver:
As far as the Stars beating Detroit last week (or is that the Wings choking in the 3rd period?), it's probably all because Mike Smith was in goal against the Wings, not Turco!

I don't know about that. I was at the Stars-Wings game in February and Detroit got three goals past Smith in the last 8 minutes to win 3-1. I'd say both games were choke jobs.

Red Wings 3, Stars 1

Vtdiver2:
I may live to eat my words, but here's how I see the next week going:
I see Mtl running the board and winning all 3 games to end up with 94 pts. ( I think the OTT game was a wake up that even though they've been playing well and winning, they have to show up for 60 min and can't take a shift or game off.)
I see the Rangers going .500, losing to PIT and MTL, for 93pts.
I see Tampa beating FLA, but losing other 2 games for 92 pts.
I see TOR winning going .500, losing to NYR and MTL for 91 pts.
Close one for Toronto vs. Philadelphia, and much closer than I expected for Montreal vs. Boston.

Brilliant move by Maurice in OT. Well, I guess it would have either been brilliant or stupid.

Only wrong call so far was Tampa Bay vs. Carolina. Well done.

Darn Senators just cannot get a win in the shootout.

Geeeeeeeeee What do you know my Hawks are on a 3 game winning streak. Lets see if they can make it 6 with only 3 games left. Thursday at Home against the Red Wings then back to back games Saturday against the Red Wings at Detroit and then Sunday against the Stars in Dallas. Hey before i forget i want to wish everyone who s team is headed to the Second Season ( Playoffs) Lots Of Luck. It should be a good Playoff picture this year.

tedtim:
Close one for Toronto vs. Philadelphia, and much closer than I expected for Montreal vs. Boston.

Brilliant move by Maurice in OT. Well, I guess it would have either been brilliant or stupid.

Only wrong call so far was Tampa Bay vs. Carolina. Well done.

Darn Senators just cannot get a win in the shootout.
Ted, I knew I was putting my ***** on the line predicting the next week and I'd get a few wrong, but it was just my gut feeling as to how I thought things would go. I have to give "props" to the B's goalie, as he played brilliantly last night. It easily could have been 4-0 but for his play. Although I picked Toronto to beat Philly, I have to say I was rooting for the Flyers. I don't want Saturday night to come down to "winner takes all, loser goes home"
Still some serious hockey to be played before the second season can begin.
C-Dawg

cowjazz:
Thanks for the consolation prize.
I think he'll push Tim Thomas for the starting job next year. After the game on NESN, the analysts were discussing the current B's, and said that goaltending was the lone area where the B's didn't need help, as they looked good to go with what they had, but that every other area of their game needed improving. They said that sadly, the B's are spending the money, as they are near the salary cap, they're just not gtting the bang for the buck from their players.
On another note, if the HABS get 1 point tonight, and the Leafs lose, Saturdays game is meaningless. Go Habs, GO Isles!!!
C-Dawg

Vtdiver2:
I think he'll push Tim Thomas for the starting job next year. After the game on NESN, the analysts were discussing the current B's, and said that goaltending was the lone area where the B's didn't need help, as they looked good to go with what they had, but that every other area of their game needed improving. They said that sadly, the B's are spending the money, as they are near the salary cap, they're just not gtting the bang for the buck from their players.
On another note, if the HABS get 1 point tonight, and the Leafs lose, Saturdays game is meaningless. Go Habs, GO Isles!!!
C-Dawg

As for the B's goalie, Joey MacDonald, whom the picked up on waivers from the Wings, will certainly be in the mix. It was a bummer having to lose him, but we just couldn't carry 3 goalies into the playoffs and MacDonald deserved a shot somewhere. He's a good young goalie, great technique but for whatever reason the Wings just could never support him with goals.

It would be nice for the Habs to clinch tonight. Huet needs to get a game in before the playoffs and there's no way Halak is coming out while the playoff spot hangs in the balance.

Looks like Hockeynut won the Frozen Four pool, since he's the only one that got a semifinalist (Boston College) all the way through.

NCAA FROZEN FOUR
Maine v Michigan State
North Dakota v Boston College

Vtdiver2:
C-Dawg
Come on guys lets go through the front door. Forget this stuff about if we get a point and they lose then were in. Lets have the Leafs and dare I say it Habs win(cant believe I just wrote that) tonight and we'll see who is the best team come Saturday night. it could turn out to be a classic.

i don't even need to say "go", red wings are simply the best :D (at least in the regular season). avs might not even get to the playoffs this year. it will be fun to watch buffalo against detroit in the finals.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom