Any housings out for the dmc-G10

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jbtut

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I just bought a G10 from Costco: $349 with the kit 14-42 lens. Seemed like a great buy, and I really like the camera so far.

UW photography wasn't high on my list of uses and the price was a big selling point. I have a Canon A570is plus strobe that takes pretty decent UW photos. After shooting video with it, I'd really like to use the G10 for UW video. Anyone know of a housing available for it?

I've built one housing for a camcorder, but they are less complicated as you really only need one or two functions. Unfortunately the camcorder its self really sucked at low light, so it was pretty much a waste. (and the same cost as the G10 for far less capability even in video quality).

Thanks,

jbtut

I just bought a G10 from Costco: $349 with the kit 14-42 lens. Seemed like a great buy, and I really like the camera so far.

UW photography wasn't high on my list of uses and the price was a big selling point. I have a Canon A570is plus strobe that takes pretty decent UW photos. After shooting video with it, I'd really like to use the G10 for UW video. Anyone know of a housing available for it?

I've built one housing for a camcorder, but they are less complicated as you really only need one or two functions. Unfortunately the camcorder its self really sucked at low light, so it was pretty much a waste. (and the same cost as the G10 for far less capability even in video quality).

Thanks,

jbtut

Doesn't anyone do Google searches?
185.00 at Amazon right now.

Possibly I wasn't clear. DMC-G10 = Panasonic. (It's not a Canon G10). I just assumed that being in the Panasonic section would clarify, but in re-reading it may not have been clear that I'm talking about the panasonic g10.
This:
G10_slant_PopUp-001.jpg

Not that:
Canon_G10_Med.jpg

:D

If there's a housing for $189 for the Panasonic I'd love to know about it.

thanks,

jbtut

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom