Any info on the Continental Inn Marathon?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

caymaniac

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Would like to stay a couple days in Marathon and it looks like a decent spot

Hey I currently live in Marathon. Havent herd of the continental. There is the Marathon Inn which used to be the Holiday Inn in town. If you are looking for something with a little more keys appeal then try the Sea Dell. They recently renovated the rooms.

Yeah thats over in Key Colony about 4 miles off of HWY 1. Those rooms look really nice.

Yeah thats over in Key Colony about 4 miles off of HWY 1. Those rooms look really nice.

I guess the question is who knows about this place? If I don't hear from anyone I'm going to gamble and take a chance that this place will be alright.

Thanks.

It is in Key Colony which is one of the nicest areas on the island. Im sure the place in nothing less than 5 star. The question is do you want to drive 20 mins from the dive shops to your hotel. Then another 20 back to go out and eat / drink for the evening. Personally I would take a quaint little keys appeal motel, close to everything and spend the extra money on dives and amazing food that is me.

It is in Key Colony which is one of the nicest areas on the island. Im sure the place in nothing less than 5 star. The question is do you want to drive 20 mins from the dive shops to your hotel. Then another 20 back to go out and eat / drink for the evening. Personally I would take a quaint little keys appeal motel, close to everything and spend the extra money on dives and amazing food that is me.

We enjoyed the Continental Inn tremendously, I don't have a bad word to say about them. The little beach was nice as well as the rooms, they weren't brand new but what is in the Keys unless you want to pay over $300 per night. It was super clean and who cares if the decor is 10 yrs old.

Awesome Ill have to recommend it next time I have family come down. Glad you had a good time. Now more importantly did you do any diving :)

Awesome Ill have to recommend it next time I have family come down. Glad you had a good time. Now more importantly did you do any diving :)

The diving, well, it sucked! It's been windy for weeks, the visibility was down to about 10ft. The life on the reef was good...if you can find it.
We dove with Deep Blue, my requirements when I called them were: 1. No snorkelers, 2. we hope to dive as deep as possible which in Marathon is about 30ft. and 30 ft. would have helped as the dive op took SNORKELERS with us and the dive depth was 20ft. maybe, stirred up from wind, waves, and current. I am not recommending Deep Blue as I'm sure they did it for money and they have the last of mine. It wasn't that the boat captain was bad or the 1st mate but I specifically asked for NO snorkelers as I knew they would go shallow...I called ahead of time!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom