Any interest in Dive/camp weekend Lake Travis

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just talked to Shawn and several others who would like to go dive the Valhalla Missile Silo. It's just outside Abilene and we've got a reservation in the works. We will probably need at least 12 divers to make the trip a go.

Itinerary goes like this:

Sat. Oct. 11, drive 4 hours north to Missile Silo outside Abilene. Setup camp, check out silo, and DIVE! Eat, Drink, Sleep, and return on Sunday.

I've attached a schematic to give you an idea.

Who's interested? :eyebrow:

-Zn

Attachments

• mp-valhalla_1.jpg
    mp-valhalla_1.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 31
Zinc I have to work this weekend with the storm coming. It is a hard choice though ... pay bills or dive .... hmmmm. I'm leaning towards the diving side of the dilemma. Bill will always be right there in the mailbox waiting for me. Count me in as a definite maybe with the scales tipping if I become the 12th man. If ya got only 11 then I'll blow off the electric company and go diving. But still ... I gotta work this weekend sometime too :confused:

Zinc I have to work this weekend with the storm coming. It is a hard choice though ... pay bills or dive .... hmmmm. I'm leaning towards the diving side of the dilemma. Bill will always be right there in the mailbox waiting for me. Count me in as a definite maybe with the scales tipping if I become the 12th man. If ya got only 11 then I'll blow off the electric company and go diving. But still ... I gotta work this weekend sometime too :confused:

No worries In10se, the Missile Silo camp/dive out is Sat. Oct. 11th/12th. :D

Ehhhh ... I knew that ... :blush:

I'm in
04.gif

Thanks Zinc ... :)

So, with all the Missile Silo Seekers heading out that weekend, do we want to look at sliding the camp out to another weekend? I'm looking for an excuse to break the dutch ovens out this fall too.

The weekend of the 18th might work for me.

Willie

Zinc,

How about providing a roster of people on the thread?

What are the plans? Where to meet, carpool? How many tanks? What to take? ECT.......

Thanks

Zinc,

How about providing a roster of people on the thread?

What are the plans? Where to meet, carpool? How many tanks? What to take? ECT.......

Thanks

Full details will be posted by Friday. Trip is a go for Oct. 11 & 12.

I would love to go diving in Austin, but 10-12 is TX-OU and I have company coming UP from Austin and I have relatives in town for Dad's 65th bday the next weekend. My Oct 4-5 weekend at the Flower Gardens just got cancelled. Anyone up for diving in Austin that weekend? I have friends I can couch surf with, but would love to get some substitute diving time in. I have never been there so I would need directions. Thx!

I would love to go diving in Austin, but 10-12 is TX-OU and I have company coming UP from Austin and I have relatives in town for Dad's 65th bday the next weekend. My Oct 4-5 weekend at the Flower Gardens just got cancelled. Anyone up for diving in Austin that weekend? I have friends I can couch surf with, but would love to get some substitute diving time in. I have never been there so I would need directions. Thx!

:eyebrow: Sorry, Oct 4 and 5th is Texas Expo with DEMA pool exhibit, and OCT 4, Trashfest team playing on the Comal. Hopefully, more divers are available.

Shawn O'Shea

:D I am up for the weekend of Sept. 27th, Oct 11th, OCt 18th.........

Let's see who wants to do what when?

Remember if you are a new OW diver this year, you are really encouraged to join me (for free) to just enjoy local diving in Central Texas. We will have fun and you will log dives and get more comfortable with your skills.

Look forward to a camp/dive weekend soon Swampers........The weather could not be better...........

Shawn O'Shea

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom