Any issues with Aeris Atmos Elite vs. Atmos AI?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I feel the same way, but then my evil gear addicted side tells me. In a couple of years you are going to tell your self that in ANOTHER couple of years dive computers are going to be even better then they are now. So in the end you never get a dive computer when you could have benefited from one the entire time you waited for the hoseless computer to get even better. Unfortunatly my evil side usually wins.

Hey Jarret,

The Elite is a great computer if you want to go hoseless, but you might want to wait a month and get the new Elite T3 that's coming out from Aeris. We did testing on it and it's a great computer. It allows you to have 3 transmitters if you want, so you can monitor gas pressure from up to three independent cylinders – ideal for both technical diving applications with up to three Nitrox mixes to 100% oxygen and recreational diving with the new Buddy Pressure Check feature so you can keep track of your buddies air consumption (great for instructors and dm's too).

It also has a battery "hot swap" feature so if you've let the battery get low, you can still swap it between dives and it will keep all your calculations. Other computers lock you out for 24 hours when you change the battery.

The battery life is 300 hours on the T3 and 1500 hours on the transmitter. It is loaded with other features and it's really easy to use.

It's a great computer and it should be out pretty soon. You can check out more details here:
http://crazyscuba.com/cat_nitrox_ready.cfm

See you diving!

Britt
CrazyScuba.com :fish:

I have the Oceanic VT Pro, which is pretty much the same thing. Well, tonight it just decided to lock up on me. The manual tells you to open the hatch. Well, easier said than done. I still haven't figured that one out.

Well, my Flower Garden trip is tomorrow, and I am sitting here watching the battery die since it locked up with the backlight on. Can't change the battery because the instructions suck! Also, you have to buy an O-Ring. I don't see how one could get the battery changed out in 8 seconds without a good amount of practice.

Also, the transmitter on these doesn't work all that great. It will constantly loose signal. Fortunately, it usually comes back in a few seconds. I have a mini spg since I can't trust the computer 100%.

khacken:
I have the Oceanic VT Pro, which is pretty much the same thing. Well, tonight it just decided to lock up on me. The manual tells you to open the hatch. Well, easier said than done. I still haven't figured that one out.

Well, my Flower Garden trip is tomorrow, and I am sitting here watching the battery die since it locked up with the backlight on. Can't change the battery because the instructions suck! Also, you have to buy an O-Ring. I don't see how one could get the battery changed out in 8 seconds without a good amount of practice.

Also, the transmitter on these doesn't work all that great. It will constantly loose signal. Fortunately, it usually comes back in a few seconds. I have a mini spg since I can't trust the computer 100%.

If it is just like the Elite, changing the battery is no big deal but I can't see getting it changed in the amount of time they allow you for the "hot swap". I wouldn't want to try doing it that fast and chance getting a poor seal and flood the computer.

If I recall correctly, use the two prong tool (that came with the computer) to open the back by turning clockwise with a steady downward pressure. Once the two tabs are lined up with the openings, lift the back straight up. If you cock the cover one way or the other, it will not come off. Next, you need to remove the small bar that crosses the battery. It lifts straight off also. Then you remove the O-ring and slide the battery out of the right side of the compartment. Obviously, reassembly is just reverse.

Again, this is pretty simple but I can’t see it done in 8 seconds with the confidence of a watertight seal. As far as the hot swap feature; the only benefit is if your between dives and don’t want to lose your data for the oxygen and nitrogen calculations. If you’re sitting at home, take your time. There is no need to hurry and you won’t lose any important data. I can’t speak for the stored dive logs though because I delete mine as soon as they are entered into my logbook.

Mine did not come with the two prong tool. It can be turned with a screwdriver, but I can't lift the top off, it does not want to move.

Sorry to hijack the thread. Anyways, yeah, there are issues!!!!

Hmmm, thanks. Tried it again. You have to get TWO clicks before it opens.

So the computer is working now, but I stand behind my comments. For it to lock up is not a good thing.

My experience with the Elite. First one went thru two batteries before I could get in the water and was replaced by my LDS. Just got back from Cozumel and downloaded my dives. First one had all the detail and graph. Rest of them just had basic info with no graph detail. Could be something I did. Software is really "clunky"!

khacken:
So the computer is working now, but I stand behind my comments. For it to lock up is not a good thing.

I agree. You might try sending cerich a post under the Q&A from manufacturers at Oceanic. I bet he could give you an answer why it happened. He seems very knowledgeable and helpful.

I am glad you got it fixed; enjoy your trip.

subvet644:
My experience with the Elite. First one went thru two batteries before I could get in the water and was replaced by my LDS. Just got back from Cozumel and downloaded my dives. First one had all the detail and graph. Rest of them just had basic info with no graph detail. Could be something I did. Software is really "clunky"!

I believe the new software update is coming out soon. I hear this will fix many of the bugs found in the older versions.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom