Any night dives tonight anywhere around central Florida/Miami area?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

In10se

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
On the last day of my vacation and the wind has killed the boat dives today :depressed:

Yesterday was great. I dove the Speigal and enjoyed the day, but today the weather is just not cooperating with my dive plan.

Is anyone doing any night dives tonight anywhere in the central Florida area? I'd gladly pay what ever fees are required to get wet one more time before I end my vacation.

I'm at 512-716-9207.

Thanks,
Larry

Are you looking for Central Florida or are you looking for the Miami area (Southeast Florida - a long way from Central Florida)?

At the time I posted I was up for either one Walter. "A long way" would have been only a few hours drive. Not so much really ... to dive that is. I live in Texas and had many a day that I had to drive six hours to start my work day, so a few hours drive to a dive site is fine. I'm a dive junkie ...

Kinda late now, but what did you have in mind?

Unfortunately there's simply too much wind for local boats to consider going out.

Here's the windspeed plot from Fowey Rocks weather station off Miami:

plot_met.php

Last edited:
Well hello :) I received your pm but I am unable to shore dive right now, I hope you make it back this way and I will be more then happy to show you or shore dives at that time. :wink: And it is cold are you silly lol I am from Tx as well but have been in Fl now for 12 years. This is the best place in the world for a diver to live :wink:
Be safe
Kim P

Hey, thanks anyways for the responses. My bad for not having already set up a backup option. Next time I come out here I'll be better prepared, and I cannot wait to get here again. I'd like to move here even ...

I just moved over to this coast last year ... the best move a diver can make :wink:

If anyone finds a night dive in the central fl area let me know I'm in, lets go freeze our butts off!

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom