Any opinions on Poseidon?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scuga

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
As a new diver I am trying to put together an outfit. I am here to solicit opinions on POSEIDON SCUBA DIVE JETSTREAM MK3 regulators. Are these good regulators that I could grow into? Is poseidon a company that has been around and will be around so I can always have parts for the regulators? Thanks

They are a good regulator. Poseidon has been around for a while. Typically they are expensive to service and may be hard to get serviced.

I dive with someone who uses Poseidon regs and I'm going to warn you, they are loud. It sounds like someone is driving a piling somewhere.

Good regs that are hard to get serviced. I don't know why--I'm a certified Poseidon technician and I think they're pretty easy to service. They are quirky, very proprietary, and definitely not in the mainstream of recreational regulators, but they are not difficult to service IF you have the proper tools. Just add money. They ain't cheap.

I have a Dive Rite Jetstream. Parts are easy to get and service. It does not require a special regulator hose. I am using a slightly longer Miflex.

I dive a Jet Stream, and have not had any issues with it.
However the service is expensive when compared to other regs out there, and it can be tough to find a LDS that does work on them.
They can be "quirky", and you really need to do the post dive PMS on them religiously, or you will have an isue.
Still, I would buy another based upon how well this one has performed.

I dive with someone who uses Poseidon regs and I'm going to warn you, they are loud. It sounds like someone is driving a piling somewhere.

I'm glad for that info. The main reason I started looking at these was it seemed that it would keep the exhaust away from my face but if they real loud I wouldn't be interested. Thanks for the responses.

Great regs, make sure you have easy access to service as noted above.

Service is always available via ScubaToys. Fixed price plus parts, done.

Poseidon makes great regs that last (and perform) forever.

I dive an Extreme and an Odin. Noisy? Not any worse then anything else. I shoot alot of video and let me tell you, it ain't the case. You want quiet dive a double hose. Then the exhaust comes out behind your head. The video housings do not pick up the bubble noise near as much although you'll still hear the wooshing of air just as much going through the hoses. Poseidons deliver air pure and simple. When you hit the purge on my Extreme it will clear your ears. Because Poseidon is Bi annual service it costs the same to service them as anything else. As mentioned above, make sure you have access to a qualified tech as not everyone can work on them. I have been disappointed with the local "Qualified tech" so it might be wise to ask other owners where they go for service.

Great Regs, however the parts can sometimes be hard to get...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom