Any other divers in the U.A.E.?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi guys!

Another AD diver here.

I just got back rfom Khor Fakkan yesterday. Did a weekend dive and stayed at the Oceanic. Dived Dibba Rock and Martini rock on Thursday, Inchcape 1 and Dibba Rock again on Friday.

Saw 2 sharks in Dibba Rock. It is now my number one favorite place to dive on the east coast (that is if you want a rather shallow dive with aquarium like experience). Much better than Martini Rock in my opinion. So many different fish, eel, turtles, sharks and coral to see.

Inchcape 1 was intense! The good kind though. First time I went past 22 meters. Max depth was 32m!!! Man isnt Nitro Narcosis the best? I cant describe the feeling, but it (feeling) combined with following a school of at least 200 fish was euphorically trancing.

Jamea, hope you have a good time in Thailand. Will miss you buddy :wink:

diver371:
salut/hallo heidi

Nope I havent been to Daymaniat yet. I think we are planning to go next month (aug). Not a lot to see in Sharjah. Dubai has a few nice wrecks and places to enjoy a lot of great diving.

We should start an SB dive club of some sort.. we would need a lot of enthusiastic divers though!!

Jalal

Hi Jalal,

It seems we are getting more and more enthousiastic Divers in.
Well, I am off for Daymaniat Island at the end of this week, we leave Dubai Wednesday 2nd August and we will be diving there Thursday 3rd and Friday 4th August. I will certainly make again a photo report :wink: , like I did for my Turkey diving trip in June.

Muddman:
Hello Heidi,

I'm living and working in Kuwait. I have been diving here since April and have dived most of the sites here. I have been considering taking a long weekend and going diving with Al Marsa. Could you give me some info on Al Marsa and your experiences diving with them. I also think there are a lot of divers here in the Gulf and would like to see a forum. The Middle East forums are really inactive. I follow most of the forums and especially the "Texas Swamp Divers" since Texas is my home, but would like to see a active ME forum.

Don

Dive safe and stay out of the heat - we need more night diving here.

Hi Don,

Welcome, Yes we maybe set up a seperate forum and call it the Middle East Chat Forum.
To answer your question concerning Al Marswhop goes to Musandam in Oman.
Al Marsa is the name of the company and sometimes other diving clubs will use the Al Marsa boat.Yes, I have been diving on one of their boats 4 times now I think and I am off again for 3 days :blinking: with Al Marsa the first weekend of October.
Check out their web-site: www.musandamdiving.com and speak to Ziad

Kind regards,

Heidi

P.S.: I will also send you a PM

Corrupted_Diver:
Hi guys!

Another AD diver here.

I just got back rfom Khor Fakkan yesterday. Did a weekend dive and stayed at the Oceanic. Dived Dibba Rock and Martini rock on Thursday, Inchcape 1 and Dibba Rock again on Friday.

Saw 2 sharks in Dibba Rock. It is now my number one favorite place to dive on the east coast (that is if you want a rather shallow dive with aquarium like experience). Much better than Martini Rock in my opinion. So many different fish, eel, turtles, sharks and coral to see.

Inchcape 1 was intense! The good kind though. First time I went past 22 meters. Max depth was 32m!!! Man isnt Nitro Narcosis the best? I cant describe the feeling, but it (feeling) combined with following a school of at least 200 fish was euphorically trancing.

Jamea, hope you have a good time in Thailand. Will miss you buddy :wink:

Hi Corrupted Diver,

Good to have you on board. let's keep here updating each other about what we are up to and maybe we can plan one time a dive together after summer. Maybe we go and visit Don in Kuwait. :huh:
Yes, Khor Fukkan is great, we did our first open water certifiaction dives there last year and have been going back since several times. We loved also Shark island and yes Dibba Rock.
Great you went deeper for the first time, did you also do your advanced Open Water there?
All the best,

Heidi

Hi all,of my fellow divers from UAE, Oman, Kuwait, Qatar,

I think it is a good idea to start our own sub-forum for us living in the Middle East and diving and to put under the Regional travel and Dive Clubs/ in Africa Middle East / in the Gulf Forum :

I already posted a request, but they want to know that more of us want to join that forum, so please go to the following link (in Site-support division Suggestions)
http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=152728
and say you want to join the Gulf Divers Sub-Forum.
I suggest we call ourselves the Gulf Divers, but any other suggestion are welcome?

So let's get that done and we can tell all about our diving experiences in the Middle East and elsewhere...

Heidi

Hi all...

I live in Dubai too... Diving wise, I am an independent instructor...

I dive as often as I can, am going to Mariam Express THIS FRIDAY 4th of August with TDI Dive Center for a pleasure dive... Mariam Express is the newest wreck here and I love it... its brand new... lots of exciting things to see!

Anyways... maybe we'll run into one another some day...

Take care...

Arabian Diver represents a number of world-renowned, innovative, global associations such as PADI, IANTD, MSF, and brands such as Beuchat and Cochran which compliment Arabian Diver in offering solutions for company excursions, holiday seekers, and youth contingencies.

adel@arabiandiver.com
www.arabiandiver.com
tel/fax: 00971 7 236 3102
mobile: 00971 50 2428128

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom