Any Recent Taveuni Info Welcome

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MooreaMike

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Have been in southeastern Fiji on the Sere Ni Wa, but hard to pass up the deals right now for Taveuni. Thinking about staying on the far north tip. Any lodging, dive operator, and typical August diving conditions advice VERY welcome.

We went to Taveuni in May,It was awesome!We stayed at Coconut Grove which is on the Northern tip across from the landing strip.Coconut Grove is very nice and affordable.The food is awesome people from all over the island come to the small restaurant to eat.Good snorkeling off of the beach but it is a long swim to the reef.Better yet use the kayaks.
If diving is your main motivation.I would have to recommend Paradise on the south end of the island.They have the best diving operation on the island and its located on Paradise grounds.They have awesome snorkeling and diving right in front of the resort.
The big downfall of Paradise is its a long dirt road to get to the resort and makes for other excursions very difficult.Lavena and town and the waterfalls are a long way away.
I dove with with Pro dive and I think they did a great job.I had the boat to myself,just me ,divemaster and captain.Taveuni is taking a big hit with the economy so there are many deals to be had.Have a blast we did!
YouTube - Snorkeling on Taveuni island Fiji.

Picasa Web Albums - Shred - Fiji Vacation

Great information, Shred. We'll be in staying at Coconut Grove Beachfront Cottages in about a week. We're planning a day with Taveuni Dive. Do you know anything about them? Did you do the meal plan with Coconut Grove or did you just order off the menu?

Thanks for the great pictures, by the way!

Carole

I guess Taveuni dive and Pro Dive are the same.
Taveuni Dive on Taveuni Island, Fiji - Welcome Scuba Diving : Taveuni Resort – Paradise in Fiji
That's who I went with and they seemed pretty good.
We didn't do the meal plan but ate most of our meals there.I just wish they could sell beer.:) I bought a case the first day I got there across the street.They do have wine which was one of the more expensive things on the menu.Our breakfasts were included with our room and a massage.My wife got one almost every day.We were able to have fresh lobster one night which was very good.Just let the kitchen know what you will want for dinner earlier in the day and they should be able to accommodate you.We did go down to the pizza joint one night which was good too.They have Bitter on tap:)We also ate dinner at Garden Island resort so we could watch the bats at sunset.The food was ok,but not great.Enjoy,I'm jealous!

Thanks, Shred. We'll be there 4 nights, and then one night in Nadi (actually Denarau Island) at the end before heading to Australia. Do you have any recommendations on approximately how much $$ (FJD) we should get at an ATM (I'm assuming at the airport) before we go to Taveuni? We (2 adults) probably won't be purchasing any alcohol, but need enough for meals, a day of diving, taxis to Lavena Coast Walk, Bomua Falls, etc.. Also, is there a way to get cash while on Taveuni?

Thanks again!

How much $ you will need,I have no idea.Esp with the exchange stuff.There is a bank in the middle of town,but it was very slow and we got a better exchange rate from Ronna at Coconut Grove.Tell your taxi driver Jess Trudie and Steve from Cali, said Hi.
Lavena was a great day,are you planning on Kayaking part of it?The water was a little rough and we rolled the kayaks a few times near the beach.

Back
Top Bottom