Any referrals for PADI lessons in Sarasota FL area?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cruz Cween

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi all,
Just discovered this great board yesterday! WOW - a wealth of information!
Want to get PADI certified by mid-September & live in Sarasota/Bradenton, FL
area - has anyone used a great, patient & reputable PADI instructor in this
area? Your input would be most appreciated!
Cheers!

Hi Cruz Cween,
Welcome to Scuba Board and to the world of diving. An Awesome adventure awaits you and yours! Sorry I don't personally know any PADI instructors in your area, but here are some suggestions: Either go to the PADI website PADI. The Way The World Learns to Dive and look up Dive Centers in your area and/or look in your phone book. Visit as many of the LDS (Local Dive Stores) in your area as you can and talk not only with the staff but even more importantly your potential future instructor(s)kn. Find the one(s) that you feel the most comfortable with, the ones who take the time to answer all your questions to your satisfaction. See if you can watch a few classes. How knowledgeable are they about the equipment they sell. Will the brands suit your needs not only now, but in 5 years from now. Are they only suggesting buying the brand that they make the most profit on, or are they putting your needs first. Bring a friend/significant other if you like. S/he will probably think of questions you do not.
One thing though - while as a PADI Professional, I appreciate you wanting to go with PADI, and certainly encourage you to do so, the instructor who is best for you may or may not be a PADI instructor. All the agencies out there (Naui, SSI, PSIA, SDI, YMCA) to name a few others offer quality courses. It is more important that you find an instructor/LDS that meets your needs than it is to stick with just one training agency. Most divers have cards from several agencies for different courses. While I of course hope you choose PADI, it is more important that you find what is the best Instructor/LDS package to you than it is to have a particular agency.
Take care, and enjoy your new adventure. Let us know how you make out.
George
PADI MSDT

The best place I found was the dive shop beside Wolf's camera at the corner of 41 and bahia vista. Good folks.
Let us know how your doing and maybe we can go burn off a tank sometime. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom