Any reports for CSSP and or Athens late Jan or Feb (2012)?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Texas Torpedo

Pollo Grande Tejano!
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I have some friends that have a trip to the DFW area planned this weekend through mid next week that are from Montana and would like to get in some dives if possible... I want to recommend CSSP or Athens but would like to be able to give them temps and possible (I know, always variable) viz so they can make up their mind whether they want to bring gear or not..

I checked the trip reports and don't see anything recent for CSSP.. If you happen to have been there in January (preferably late) - Feb, please let me know what the conditons were like.. No reason for them to haul gear if its going to be a Braille (they were blue water cert'd - it might scare them.. :wink: ) and much cooler than their exposure protection..

Thanks,
David

I was there last Saturday, 54 degrees and 10-15ft vis at the plane

Give this a thought...
If they were friends of mine I'd tell them to dive Butterfly Cove at Lake Texoma.
It's deeper , has more fish, It's more on the wild and natural side, and the water isn't any colder.
'Costs less, You can fish ( or spear fish for free) at the state park, and it would be a closer drive from DFW too.

Thank you, Sir. I'll try and pass this on to them and check it out myself next time I'm in North Texas. Sounds like a good time.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom