Any seahorses in Curacao?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We are going to Curacao July 21. Is there any chance of seeing any seahorses? Thanks

Seahorses make homes in the waters around the ABC's. They are always there, it's just a matter of finding them. There are usually a lot more around then you know.

We saw numerous seahorses when in Curacao -over the last few years. One dive - unfortunately I can't remember the site, I was super sea sick from the boat ride and was happy to be under water - there were 5 sea horses on one dive and while everyone was celebrating I was glad I was not puking. ...I think the house reef at blue bay had at least one sea horse, actually I take it back it had 2 .

---------- Post Merged at 11:56 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 11:55 AM ----------

I echo the above email too - they are really good at hiding, but typically don't move more than a few yards in any direction.

I saw three on one dive at Rediho a few months ago.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom